Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #1

Battery Control Center

I own a 2004 Damon Challenger!

F-53, V-10, 348 Does anyone know how to get a Battery Control Center???

Mine is BAD! Board and solenoids are bad! Need help!

Thank you in Advance!!!
LeosRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #2

Type BCC source in the search box at the top right of the page. It will give you a lot of hits as it is a common question. The issue is matching your unit model to what is available. That is somewhat RV brand independent. Here is one link:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/98-b...bcc-96535.html
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

You need to identify the make/model of the BCC in your coach. It's not a Ford chassis part or even a Challenger part - just a standard component that Damon selected to do the required job.

It's probably either RV Custom Products or Intellitec, but they each have multiple models. They are readily available and sometimes repairable as well.

Ebay and Amazon often have various models available. Some other potential sources include:
https://pdxrvwholesale.com/t/rv-cust...control-center
https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/r...center-137542/
https://rvpowerhouse.com/product-tag/intellitec/
INTELLITEC BOARDS
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:38 PM   #5

Selenoids are available at most auto parts stores. You just have to be sure to purchase the one labeled "Continuous duty" and you want the one with silver contacts. Take the old one in.

Look at the BCC board and do a search on the name and model number. If I remember correctly some places can repair them.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:10 AM   #6

Smile Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
You need to identify the make/model of the BCC in your coach. It's not a Ford chassis part or even a Challenger part - just a standard component that Damon selected to do the required job.

It's probably either RV Custom Products or Intellitec, but they each have multiple models. They are readily available and sometimes repairable as well.

Ebay and Amazon often have various models available. Some other potential sources include:
https://pdxrvwholesale.com/t/rv-cust...control-center
https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/r...center-137542/
https://rvpowerhouse.com/product-tag/intellitec/
INTELLITEC BOARDS

Awesome found it exactly what I needed!!! YEAH!!!!
LeosRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #7

Revision A Battery Control Center

Specific Question about RV Custom Products Battery Control Center CB-115 Rev A, on the 1997 Pace Arrow 30E that I just picked up. Neither the chassis or house batteries charge when on shore or generator power. Both charge fine with engine alternator. The emergency start switch clicks in just fine. Everything else works great. Haven't found wiring diagram or helpful troubleshooting guide for the Revision A. Any thoughts, or direction to the proper forum.

Following the posts, I'm aware that revision A may or may not be supposed to charge the chassis bat, but it certainly should charge the house when on 120vac.

Pace Arrow buried the BCC behind a headlight, so contortion is needed to do anything.

Don
5479275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #8

The BCC controls the cross battery charging, but shouldn't control the house charging system charging the house battery, with the exception of the house battery disconnect switch.

If you can use 12 volt items while on battery power only, that part is working.

The house charging system will be from the same equipment, whether on shore or generator power. They both supply 120 volts to it.

You need to check the 120 volt input and 12+ volt output of the converter or inverter/charger. Either one will have breakers on the input and fuses on the output.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #9

Both disconnect switches and relays work fine. I checked inverter. All good. Putting out 13.5 VDC. Both inverter fuses fine.

Don
Old 10-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5479275 View Post
Both disconnect switches and relays work fine. I checked inverter. All good. Putting out 13.5 VDC. Both inverter fuses fine.

Don
Most inverter/chargers charge thru the same heavy cables that supply DC voltage to them. They are typically connected directly to the batteries with positive and negative cables and a 250 amp or more fuse.

Where are you reading the 13.5 volts from ?
Old 10-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #11

13.5 VDC is at the inverters two #6 or 8 wire output lugs.

I’ve also discovered that the solar charger is producing charge but it’s indicator led says not.

Don
Old 10-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #12

I believe you are calling a converter an inverter.

The converter will have 6 or 8 gauge wires. Unless you have a 300 or 400 watt inverter/charger, that size wiring is way to small.

The output you are measuring will go to a fuse at the other end of the positive wire, you measured the volts from. Look on the fuse panel.

Tags
battery