Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
3 slides headboard on drivers side

If I had it to do all over again, and could create my own layout, the headboard would go on the patio/passenger side. Can't say as I have had to deal with generator or dump or even noisy neighbors, but just in case! Otherwise, I'm happy fulltiming with our layout.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #30

Imho the best slide is NO slide at all!!
meseahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Heck, I’d be more concerned about getting a king size bed vs getting stuck with a short queen. At 6’4”, a short queen is a real sleep killer!
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:45 AM   #32

I happen to think the Tuscany 42GX has the perfect floor plan

Certainly not for everyone but look it over for ideas

I looked at over 100 MHs in a few months

Budget wasn't an issue, it just checked all the boxes
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #33

It is safer on the curb side.
OhioBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:16 AM   #34

With the bed slide on the passenger side, you almost always have room to slide it out.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I would not buy a coach with the head of the bed on the drivers side for the reasons previously stated. Listening designers of Newmar's New Aire?
Sojourners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/remo...ml#post4661579

When you people say it isn't safe on the driver's side is this what you are talking about?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #37

Slides

I agree with not having bedroom slides over generator or dump bay. Over gen for obvious reasons and dump bay for ease of access. That’s seems to me why so many have rear beds on curb side. I keep most things I’ll bring out for a stay in the bays under curb side bed, so I don’t need to go back in after dropping anchor.
Kennest6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #38

Bedroom Slide Side

There is no difference on what side to have your bedroom slide, that I can think of.
I did see one response suggesting patio side because you can control the noise level better. My experience with noise is that these rigs do not deaden sound well at all and there is no difference from one side to the other when there is noise, you will hear it no matter what, unless you use earplugs.
Maybe one thing to consider is which side your generator exhausts to and maybe it could be slightly quieter on the opposite side and less chance the exhaust fumes would bother you. But my rig has the bed slide on the same side as the generator exhaust and I've never had fumes bothering me as the exhaust is located at the front of the rig.
CACOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #39

Patio side is always preferred by 90% of buyers and will affect your value when trading or selling

Noise is amplified off a wall and you can tell the difference

As others noted there are several other important factors

Bottom line is budget versus available coaches in that range
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #40

Triple E Owners Club
Most important is that your body must be in a north-south direction , with your head in the north position , otherwise your synaptic brain impulses become addled and you obfuscate your thinking and talking processes over time.
Lineman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #41

I prefer passenger side because when we park in the street in front of our daughters house I can put it out over the curb, I do not feel safe putting it out in the street.
Snapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYoshida View Post
I'm for the slides on the drivers side. When camping, I live on my patio under the awning. That's my big open space and I don't want it made smaller with a slide. Plus if my husband goes to bed earlier or sleeps later, I would have to be more quiet talking to the dog (we sleep with the Windows open when possible). So depends on where you think the most noise would come from.

This was from when we had an RV with the bed on a slide. When we made this past purchase, we decided a bed with no slide works best for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meseahunt View Post
Imho the best slide is NO slide at all!!
Along those lines - if the bed is oriented along the fore/aft axis, you won't need to run a slide out if you're not able to get right next to the curb. That is one consideration we have for our next motor home.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide