Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Have fun shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul dali View Post
Thank you all for the excellent feedback. We are coming down from 45ft Marathons and Country Coaches, so not familiar with many of the smaller size brands. Price: new 250k or less is what we are thinking. What we've found so far at 34-36ft range are products like Forza, Palazzo, Journey, and Newmar. Newmar looks excellent and feature rich in the Ventana line. My interest is in " Your opinion" of the various manufactures and their quality, from your experience, over time. Thanks for your time.
Hi Paul, After reading this post of yours I am not going to suggest anything, after the Coach's you have owned.........you are not going to be happy down grading I don't think, quality is the biggest factor in my thoughts to you......You are going to have to look and inspect the Coach's that get your attention, and you will know what you want when you see it........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #16

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
Have you considered a used Country Coach in that size, as they made some nice one's?
I personally have investigated used country coaches. I finally decided that because they're now an orphaned coach, it may be difficult to fix down the road. And in time, they will get more difficult to unload during the next upgrade.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
We really enjoy our Fleetwood Excursion 35B. It is 36'9". We have only had it since January, but have used it a lot. No real problems, and very comfortable.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #18

Paul,

If you want the best and are willing to accept something a bit larger, perhaps this might tickle your fancy: http://newellcoach.com/wp-content/up...14Brochure.pdf. Of course, you'll need to bring your DEEP wallet!

Regards,

Dan.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #19

Newmar, but of course I have one!
Snomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_public View Post
Paul,

If you want the best and are willing to accept something a bit larger, perhaps this might tickle your fancy: http://newellcoach.com/wp-content/up...14Brochure.pdf. Of course, you'll need to bring your DEEP wallet!

Regards,

Dan.
Newell...where are the Maid's quarters?
FlaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Best class A diesel

My two cents is Newmar...one of the few Companies that weathered the 2008 market crash and still kept their heads above water. I had a 2005 Newmar Kountry Star and put over 100,000 miles on it before trading it in on a 43 ft. 2014 Dutch star in 2013. The Kountry Star gave us years of enjoyment without ever leaving us stranded beside the road. Yes we had our problems but after talking to hundreds of other RV'ers we didn't experience any more problems than any other class A owner.
I like the quality of coach Newmar makes and the customer service I have received while owning the 2005 Kountry Star and since I have owned our new 2014 Dutch Star (having the alternator replaced twice on the new Dutch Star..not Newmar's fault but the company that built the alternators and put them on the Cummins engine).

Like all the other opinions in this thread It does matter how much you want to spend and how many amenities you want in you coach.
Good luck with your choice....

King William, Va.
KOALAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
The OP is looking for a smaller coach. For my money, if you want a short wheel base coach you can go wrong with the Dynasty 34 York. All of the amenities and a full steel frame of the long top end coaches in a size that will get you into lots of places that a 40 or 42 tag just can't go. I'm man enough to have a short coach.

If you are patient you can find low mileage units fully loaded, AquaHot, maintenance records and all, pay cash and have plenty left for new tires, batteries and any other upgrades or mods that your heart desires.

Of course that's my opinion, yours may differ... God bless America.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #23

We love our 02 Endeavor!! HR makes quality and it starts with their own chassis. Safe and Happy Travels
Old 05-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
FWIW, we just returned from a six week excursion from Calif. to Texas with three adults and two furry kids.
We did it in our Berkshire Class A 36' with four slides built on a freightliner chassis.
We had plenty of room for everyone.
Hope this helps some.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are looking at a '15 palazzo 35.1 and some 2005 and 2006 dutch stars. We have to have king bed. We really like the way the Newmar's drive and yet very few complaints about them. Any advice on purchasing an older DS with 50k-80k miles on it? (Obviously detailed service records are a must). At big issues
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We really enjoy our Fleetwood Excursion 35B. It is 36'9". We have only had it since January, but have used it a lot. No real problems, and very comfortable.

Looking at your recent posts Debbie, looks like you're now experiencing everything from cockeyed slides to diesel fuel leaks, squeaks and leaks on that Fleetwood Excursion. still happy with it?
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like everyone is recommending the coach they own, so I'll chime in and say my 2011 Winnebago Journey Express is awesome. it drives solid, big king select comfort 2zone bed, bunks, 6 tv's, surround sound, super quiet and comfortable ride, rock steady.

The length ins 39' 11", I test drove others in the mid-30's size and the ride was terrible, all DP's. if you are willing to go 36' might as well go 39'! What difference does 3' make?

Cheers and Good Luck!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
I personally have investigated used country coaches. I finally decided that because they're now an orphaned coach, it may be difficult to fix down the road. And in time, they will get more difficult to unload during the next upgrade.
Actually,
The re-born factory operates a service center that had no problem fixing our 20-year old coach as well as any other Country Coach. They have the intellectual property as well as fiberglass forms for the coaches--we had our front cap repaired to as-new condition after a careless tow truck driver damaged it. But to each his own.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, class a