Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Best place to sell Class A

Wife ready to quit so I'm looking for the best place to sell my Coach - AND the price I should ask - 2006 Monaco Knight - Upgrades (Mod Edits).
We are in South Texas near South Padre Island -
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #2

As a recent purchaser of a used class A pusher I have a few suggestions. Let someone else sell it for you. We only looked at used units usually on consignment to dealers that also have new units for sale. Do your home work...determine the value by not adding all the goodies to the wholesale price but start at wholesale (without the goodies) and decide how much of a beating you can accept below that point. Don't be insulted by low-ball offers...counter offer. Get the unit cleaned by someone who knows what they are doing. Make the outside look like it was stored under cover and the inside look like you never used it. Have the carpet cleaned by a professional. If you have had a pet don't lie and say you have not. Savvy buyers know where to look for pet hair. If you smoked in the rig prepare for a real hit...only another smoker will be interested. Be prepared to pay for a new set of batteries, house and chassis. New tires for at least the front axle may be part of the deal. Rear also if they are aged out (over 5 yrs IMO) and will add zero to the value. If you have a toad be ready to make it part of the deal. Used buyers are frequently first time DP buyers and don't want to deal with putting together a toad. You should not have to pay a commission on a toad sale.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #3

Your MH sounds very nice and I'm sure it will sell fast. Sorry you need to give it up but the time will come for everyone.

Take it to one of these highly regarded consignments in Texas. We sold ours within a month at PPL. Our buyer flew in from Florida. PPL gets a lot of traffic coming through and now with snowbird season coming up, many will be stopping there.

Used RVs, Motorhomes for Sale, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/c#/coac...lt/all/all/all
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambeau View Post
As a recent purchaser of a used class A pusher I have a few suggestions. Let someone else sell it for you. We only looked at used units usually on consignment to dealers that also have new units for sale. Do your home work...determine the value by not adding all the goodies to the wholesale price but start at wholesale (without the goodies) and decide how much of a beating you can accept below that point. Don't be insulted by low-ball offers...counter offer. Get the unit cleaned by someone who knows what they are doing. Make the outside look like it was stored under cover and the inside look like you never used it. Have the carpet cleaned by a professional. If you have had a pet don't lie and say you have not. Savvy buyers know where to look for pet hair. If you smoked in the rig prepare for a real hit...only another smoker will be interested. Be prepared to pay for a new set of batteries, house and chassis. New tires for at least the front axle may be part of the deal. Rear also if they are aged out (over 5 yrs IMO) and will add zero to the value. If you have a toad be ready to make it part of the deal. Used buyers are frequently first time DP buyers and don't want to deal with putting together a toad. You should not have to pay a commission on a toad sale.

Dave, nice write up. Sounds like I'm going to sell mine for half of what
I paid for it though!
Old 09-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docsdock View Post
Wife ready to quit so I'm looking for the best place to sell my Coach - AND the price I should ask - 2006 Monaco Knight - Upgrades (Mod edits)

Do you have a price range in mind?
Old 09-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsdock View Post
Wife ready to quit so I'm looking for the best place to sell my Coach - AND the price I should ask - 2006 Monaco Knight - Upgrades -Samsung Res. Fridge, Door HYD opener, water softener, flat screen tv's, Surround sound, Kitchen and bath faucets, LED lights, Full slide front basement, 3 ft slide rear basement compartment, Front windows and mirror covers. New tires and recent batterys replaced.
Try your local "craigslist" as well as surrounding states.

Also these:
1. RVTrader.com
2. RVT.com

Good luck!!
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You have a desirable combination. Also be prepared to include details for service records and chassis - engine combination.

It is easily worth close to 100K.

I will also add that I found my current DP on one of the resources already mentioned.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #8

Put it in the classifieds on IRV2. What the hell do you have to lose. Sorry been watching to much Presidential election news.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
Dave, nice write up. Sounds like I'm going to sell mine for half of what
I paid for it though!
Here is a link to PPl on previous sold units, they show a 2007 41' sold for $70K in June of this year (2016) with 32K miles. 2007 Monaco Diplomat 40SKQ for Sale - D773 - PPL Motor Homes

But they also show a 2008 41' sold for $108,500.00. Condition is everything and it sounds likes your is closer to the '08 than maybe the '07.
2008 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ for Sale - D147 - PPL Motor Homes

Now, no mention of tire dates etc..and yours may very well be heads above this unit..let alone packaging it with the toad..

I use the PPL sold site both for pricing our existing unit and am using it in the purchase of a new to us unit..they seem to move a lot of volume and pricing is always what the market will bear...keep in mind these are consignments..so the seller is probably netting 10% less, in this case that would be $63K for a 2007.

Oh, and thank your 2 youngest for their service !! We have an Army Ranger currently in Afghanistan..Hoping to have him back stateside in the next couple of months..
Build #52000, CAT C9 400HP.
2015 GMC Terrain Tow Vehicle
kandlwaddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I disagree on PPL for pricing to sell, they move volume and price to sell fast. If you looking to sell quick maybe, but not if you want the best price for it. I've found that the market varies in different parts of the country. Our local market sells higher than most other markets.Some people aren't willing to travel and will only shop what's available close by. Look at local dealers and see what prices they are selling for, this will give you a good idea. If your too high you'll know, from lack of interest, you can always lower it.
sevenmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would recommend RVTrader.com. They have a great site, very easy to navigate and find what you want. I sold a 5er on there very quickly! And of course don't forget the Classifieds here on IRV2!

You could search RVTrader.com for your particular coach to see what they are going for. Also check NADA for their value.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmacs View Post
I disagree on PPL for pricing to sell, they move volume and price to sell fast. If you looking to sell quick maybe, but not if you want the best price for it. I've found that the market varies in different parts of the country. Our local market sells higher than most other markets.Some people aren't willing to travel and will only shop what's available close by. Look at local dealers and see what prices they are selling for, this will give you a good idea. If your too high you'll know, from lack of interest, you can always lower it.
I live in Houston and followed the PPL market pretty close before I bought my coach 2 years ago. I also visited many times to look at coaches. Sevenmacs is right on the money with his remark.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Some may wonder if a 10% commission is in the best interest of the seller.

If the dealer sells a $100k coach, think about what is best for them.

"I can sell it in a few months for full asking price or I can sell it this week for
$85k"

I think we know that the quick dollar motivates buyers AND dealers,
sometimes at the expence of the owner.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
Some may wonder if a 10% commission is in the best interest of the seller.

If the dealer sells a $100k coach, think about what is best for them.

"I can sell it in a few months for full asking price or I can sell it this week for
$85k"

I think we know that the quick dollar motivates buyers AND dealers,
sometimes at the expence of the owner.
X-2!! Happened to me with the last coach I sold with a dealer in Phoenix. He sold it at my bottom dollar price, and I lost 2 to 3 K with a quick sale! It was not a high dollar coach, but I learned my lesson! It all comes down to if you want to deal with the public or not? I sold my previous 2 MH's my self, and got my asking price, and kept the 10% also. Rail!

Tags
ace, class a