Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2020, 05:32 AM   #1

Best RV Cover on the Market

Looking to purchase the Best RV cover on the market! We’re i am located there lots of wind.
Jeff Keyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #2

I had an Adco that was great. Never left any scratches or marks. I wouldn't expect any cover to last more than 3 or 4 years though.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:52 AM   #3

We’re on our 2nd ADCO cover. 1st one was 4yrs old when we sold the coach and it showed minimal wear. Our current ADCO cover has gone thru 2 Minnesota winters so far and looks new. We’re in a treed area so it’s protected somewhat from the wind but it fits snug and doesn’t billow very much. Not a scratch or wear mark. Once you get used to putting it on it works great (walk carefully as you can’t see the roof vents, antenna etc). No problem.
Sure would rather have a shed tho!!!!
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:54 AM   #4

we had an adco for our 32 ft tt. stored outdoors
in our yard for 10 yrs. finnally threw it out this spring. pretty shredded. but they arnt cheap.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:10 AM   #5

Your problem is the wind, they will rub a hole on top of ladders on the ends of slides. Anything that has a edge it can rub on. I got 4 years each out of 2 I had.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:22 AM   #6

I spoke with Winnebago about this last year and they do not recomend a cover due to wind chaffing and mildew.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:35 AM   #7

I’ve had two ADCO covers for my 40-foot Class A. One was the standard full cover, the other was the model that only covers the roof. Both suffered from the same problem, which was an insufficient quantity of tie-downs. The nylon straps frayed and tore away from their attachment points to the cover fabric. Given the choice of stronger straps or more straps, I think that more of them is the better option. These were both off-the-shelf models, which are about 1/3 of the cost of their custom covers. The custom orders are priced by the linear foot.

If I had to do it again, I would order a custom cover, with the zippered openings located properly for the door, slides, engine and generator access on my MH. I would also want the height of the cover sides to match the height of my MH walls, without excess material billowing at the bottom. I would at least try to have extra straps added to the design. If you’re ordering for a Class A with mirrors in the front (most diesel pushers) instead of side mirrors, I think it is worth the effort to fold the mirrors as flat as possible against the body, and size the cover accordingly. With the mirrors extended, the huge air space beneath the cover catches a lot of wind, which damages the cover.

Covercraft, who make good quality covers for cars, also make custom RV covers, and I am tempted to try one.

Where we live, a month of indoor storage is $10 per foot of RV length, so a $1,200 custom cover that lasts through a single winter season is a significant savings in comparison.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:11 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Lots of wind?......save your money, they don’t make a cover that will hold up. I stored my old motorhome outside in Okla. for the winter. The cover had tears, all over, grommets pulled out. If I carefully, repaired it, two years were the max. I used extra ropes like a Christmas package to help.
The mirrors,all four corners, ladder, were all “polished smooth” from the rubbing of the cover.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #9

We previously used a cover for our RV but due to the amount of rain we get in the North Georgia mountains we encountered mildew issues and now just put a new coat of Poli-glow on each year.

Not a perfect solution but so far no noticeable issues. During off-season we do park the RV under an RV barn my parent's no-longer use on their property (about 20 miles from our home).
2007 Newmar Baystar; 3201; SumoSprings Front; Timbren Springs Rear; Safe-T-Plus; 2016 Fiat 500; Roadmaster Falcon 2;Demco SBS DUO Braking System;TST 507; Bilstein shocks; Garmin RV 785; Supersteer Rear Trac Bar, Thule Easyfold XT2,RVWhisper
rffowler55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover