Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #1

Best Spray-on Motorhome Cleaner

Anybody know a good spray on cleaner? Somebody told me about a cleaner sold at Walmart but I can't remember the name.
willieg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #2

Check out 303 Aerospace on Amazon and read the reviews - Really good stuff, and is what I use!
https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Pro.../dp/B000XBCURW
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #3

303 is a great prorectant fir rubber plastic etc...I don't think of it as a cleaner and usually do the cleaning first then the protectant.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg14 View Post
Anybody know a good spray on cleaner? Somebody told me about a cleaner sold at Walmart but I can't remember the name.
Are you thinking of a waterless wash type of cleaner? Like Meguiars?
Old 05-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #5

I use Wash Wax All... use all their products... also have a hell of a leather cleaner.
Taterpeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #6

I second the wash wax all product. I got mine from amazon. was like 30 dollars for a gallon jug plus a spray bottle and some of their cloths. stuff works great. I did a wet wash on mine where i washed my rig with a pressure washer and a scrub bucket and brush first and then followed right behind with the wash wax all. it was the first bath for the motorhome so i wanted to do a deep clean on it. They make a great product. I was skeptical but it was just as easy as spray on and wipe off and it looked great afterwards.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieg14 View Post
Save you a trip to Wal*Mart - or you can walk in and get it there.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G144...000RXNLK6?th=1

Use this on Coach and cars alike - really works well.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #8

Foaming bathroom cleaner.

Doesn't have to be brand specific.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #9

Thanks for all the info I'll let you know how they work.

Thanks again

Willieg14
willieg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterpeeler View Post
I use Wash Wax All... use all their products... also have a hell of a leather cleaner.
This is what I intend to try. I follow a full time couples blog that are full timing in a beautiful 5th-wheel (Landmark 365) that just bought the Wash Wax All "kit" and raved about it. Both the ease of use and how well it worked.

I think they originally created their products for the aviation industry, and since people were buying it expressly to use on RV's, they started to cater to that crowd.

A "kit" is over $200, not cheap, looks like it should be good for quite a few washes and parts and pieces can be added/replaced over time.
stvdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

I use rainx with carnuba balls floating in it! Get it at Walmart!
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvdman View Post
This is what I intend to try. I follow a full time couples blog that are full timing in a beautiful 5th-wheel (Landmark 365) that just bought the Wash Wax All "kit" and raved about it. Both the ease of use and how well it worked.

I think they originally created their products for the aviation industry, and since people were buying it expressly to use on RV's, they started to cater to that crowd.

A "kit" is over $200, not cheap, looks like it should be good for quite a few washes and parts and pieces can be added/replaced over time.
The kit is not cheap, but it has commercial quality components. Not your average Walmart type stuff. The extendable pole is very well made and extends to almost 3X it's length. The mop heads are heavy duty and machine washable. I have found it to be the best for finishing the front windshield as well, after bug wash and squeegee. The bugs come off very easy after using the Wash Wax product. The hardest thing is to learn not to use too much spray. I can do my whole rig with about 1/3 of a bottle.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
The extendable pole is very well made and extends to almost 3X it's length. The mop heads are heavy duty and machine washable. I have found it to be the best for finishing the front windshield as well, after bug wash and squeegee.
I've found the extendable pole to be very effective for my post arrival windshield wash. Before I tried it, I'd use a ladder. What works for me is to use a very wet terry towel on the pole to loosen the bugs, then swap out the wet terry towel with a microfiber towel to dry/finish the windshield. I do one half at a time. Repeat process for other half.

Much quicker and easier than dragging out the ladder.

That pole is "the bomb"!!!!

The spray liquid is great for the rest of the coach and would work fine on the windshield, too. Since my wife describes me as "economical", I find that just plain water works well for the daily windshield clean-up.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #14

Amazing rolloff, odd name but I have been using it onboard for years and on my last two motor homes. A little goes a long way and it is great in any surface or material. You can get it at west marine, amazon or lots of places on line.

https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...ct.do?pid=2338
Jandringa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome