Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bigger discount? MHS Alavardo, Tx

Once they tell you the "price we can't advertise" is there any chance for a lower number? Going to see them soon and just want all the info. I can get on deal making with them. Thanks.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
HHg

I have bought one RV from MHSRV and have negotiated on other units with them. You may get an unadvertised rock bottom price......but it wont be much less than their lowest advertised price.....which they call the 911 deal.

Hhg
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
We've been there twice and still looking. Not a price issue. A nothing felt right issue. We had our lap tops with us to quickly check on line for comparator prices. We thought the prices were reasonable, but again, we never got to talking a deal.

Nice place with lots to look at.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Make your offer

Never could get the salesman to put a number on the deal, other than the posted asking price. Do your homework. Seems that their closing tactic is to have you get tired and just cave in. We drove up there from the Houston area. Couldn't figure out who was in charge. We were a cash buyer, no trade. Looking for a 2-3 yr old coach at the time (fall 2010).

Ended up with a direct buy from a seller nearby, who we found on the internet. Tons of inventory up there, they need some professionalism.
Larrikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Check out rv.org pay what they want then read all the material. They even have a section for dealing with sales people. Best money you'll spend on an rv. Even it you read it and decided not to buy one.
ps. go to oodle.com and plug in what you're looking for. It will search all over the web and mail you daily updates if you click that box.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Check out rv.org pay what they want then read all the material. They even have a section for dealing with sales people. Best money you'll spend on an rv. Even it you read it and decided not to buy one.
ps. go to oodle.com and plug in what you're looking for. It will search all over the web and mail you daily updates if you click that box.
Curious? Do you own or work for either of these companies? This is all I've ever seen you post. Just asking.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #7

MHSRV

Bought my 2006 Newmar Dutch Star from Jimmie at MHSRV. Price was fair, but service after the sale has been fantastic. Many questions and Jimmie was always available and either answered the question or found someone that could. Will go back when I wear this one out.

Jim and Becky Brockey
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JBrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
HHg

We bought a previous motorhome from Jimmie. Good transaction and I enjoyed dealing with Jimmie too !
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here> Just got back from MHS. As reported by others - they are not really interested in taking trades. Will take yours on consingment at 6% (PPL 10%.) There may be a bit of wiggle room on 32% discount (Berkshire) but not very much. Other than fact that we did not get to test drive (very impportant to us), our overall imprerssion of MHS is good. Now I shine up our baby and write "FOR SALE" on the windshield.
PS DW did change mind on which floor plan she wanted after spending time in each one.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
OP here> PS DW did change mind on which floor plan she wanted after spending time in each one.
That's the plus for these guys. They have almost every floor plan to look at.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #11

I bought my allegro bus there from a guy called cowboy. guy is a compulsive liar so buyer beware.I made the deal but it was quit a 3 day battle.The reason I made the deal was I had put a 5K refundable hold on it and had driven 2800 miles to buy.
I boufght the unit at a decent price and really liked the unit overall otherwsie i would have gone home. all iam saying especially after talking to the service manger for 2 days getting repairs is be aware as this outfit wi;ll tell u whatever u want to hear
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #12

Quote:
OP here> Just got back from MHS. As reported by others - they are not really interested in taking trades. Will take yours on consingment at 6% (PPL 10%.) There may be a bit of wiggle room on 32% discount (Berkshire) but not very much. Other than fact that we did not get to test drive (very impportant to us), our overall imprerssion of MHS is good. Now I shine up our baby and write "FOR SALE" on the windshield.
PS DW did change mind on which floor plan she wanted after spending time in each one.
Why was you unable to do a test drive?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #13

Quote:
like I warned you do NOT deal with "cowboy" as he as crooked as a dogs hind leg
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #14

We looked at a coach there a while back. Don't know if it was "Cowboy" but he was wearing the hat! We got our test drive no problem, though he wasn't going to let me drive till I pointed out that I have a class A CDL. We liked the coach, and were interested, though we thought the price a bit high as we had seen ads for others in other parts of the country for a good deal less. When we pointed this out in an effort to bargain, they didn't want to hear it and would not budge on their price. Then about two weeks later, the online price dropped by over $10,000, and it sold almost immediately! Go figure.
ROADOG is offline   Reply With Quote