Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #1

Black tank cleanout spray problems

I just discovered that the spray nozzle in my black tank is jammed and will not allow any clean water spray into the tank. It was working fine last week. I am assuming that there is a backflow preventer in the nozzle that has slammed shut. I cant even see the black tank which is buried in the bowels of the coach somewhere. Anyone had any experience with this problem.?....If I get to the tank can I get to the diverter without dropping the tank? I have a 04 Monaco Knight. Would appreciate any help..
Thanks
JGD747
Traveler123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd747 View Post
I just discovered that the spray nozzle in my black tank is jammed and will not allow any clean water spray into the tank. It was working fine last week. I am assuming that there is a backflow preventer in the nozzle that has slammed shut. I cant even see the black tank which is buried in the bowels of the coach somewhere. Anyone had any experience with this problem.?....If I get to the tank can I get to the diverter without dropping the tank? I have a 04 Monaco Knight. Would appreciate any help..
JGD747, Your situation is not unique it would seem because I was just recently a participant in a conversation with one of the attendees at the 10th Anniversary Reunion Rally here in Myrtle Beach. His solution was to drop an access panel and establish a new flushing port and disregard the other since he also can not access the OE nozzle.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #3

Just fixed mine last week. S..ty job. The nozzles were plugged. O2 holiday Rambler. The End of the tank away from the fill end is where it is located. Unscrews real easy. Use silicon when you put it together.
Joe and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe and Pam View Post
Just fixed mine last week. S..ty job. The nozzles were plugged. O2 holiday Rambler. The End of the tank away from the fill end is where it is located. Unscrews real easy. Use silicon when you put it together.
Thanks so much for the info. I didnt know where the black tank access area was. Your info saved the day. Took the panel off on the other side of the coach and the cleanout spray head was very easy to access. Expected to find a back flow preventer, but instead there was just a plugged spray head which i cleaned and now everything works great.
jgd747
Traveler123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #5

Glad to help. But I can't take all the credit. Saw it someplace on irv2. Joe
Joe and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
A lot of people will drill the holes slightly larger which seems to prevent this problem from occurring again. This seems to be a common problem to a whole lot of people.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #7

Tank wash clogged

Just got back from Lazydays with my 1005 Itasca Horizon. The service tech explained that the apparent clog was not that at all but an improperly installed check valve iin the line. We spent about an hour looking for the valve which he says was installed backwards in a lot of units he had worked on. Turns out it was inside a bathroom wall about 3 ft off the floor. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it for myself!
How could this have gone unnoticed for nearly 5 years? His explanation was that people hook up the water to the connection and just assume it is flushing the tank.
The arrows on the valve, when we opened the wall showed it was indeed installed backkwards!!!
While not everyone at L/D was as knowledgeable, this guy was great!

Roy
royinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote