Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #15

After you dump it add 2 gallons of water to the tank
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I added a second opening in the other side of both the grey and black water tank. Drilled a 1.5" hold with a threaded cap. I can flush out both with a wand or just a hose. since the sensors are on the other side of the tanks, both are also flushed out completly, works great...JC
Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #17

The wand can work wonders cleaning the sides of the tank. Be aware and careful of back-spray; move the wand up and down and turn it around. Adding several gallons of clean water and a bottle of Calgon water softner, liquid, will really help clean. Once you are SURE the tank is clean, the sensitivity of the sensors can be adjusted. Remove the panel from the wall; sensors have adjusting screw on the back of each row of lights.
danbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
very helpful thanks so much.
cubbycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Just one more word: one poster left his grey water valve open after the whole smear. I wouldn't do that - I just made that mistake. I was washing clothes and taking a shower and didn't want the grey water tank to back up into the tub when too full. I forgot to shut the valve and found that those dreaded sewer smells invaded the coach. With an open valve and nothing flowing through it, it is wide open to the sewer! Seems I had lost the water in a p-trap and the smell just came in. Never again!
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #20

I always leave a dog loop in the end of my hose before it goes into the ground. Self made oder trap.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Personnally, I leave both closed till they are full. The grey fills up twice as fast as the black in my case. Since I am usually hooked up it is no big deal to walk around sometime during the day and pull the valve. Had a service center tell me to do this to help flush the solids out of the grey tank. I use the grey water to flush the hose after dumping black water.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Personnally, I leave both closed till they are full. The grey fills up twice as fast as the black in my case. ...... I use the grey water to flush the hose after dumping black water.

+1
DrScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
After you dump it add 2 gallons of water to the tank
I add about 5 as our tank is 45 gallons and it takes some water to fill the pipe to the drain valve and I want the chemicals in the tank, not the outlet pipe.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #24

I'm a newbie and I very much appreciate this info!

Thanks to all.
rtmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmow View Post
I'm a newbie and I very much appreciate this info!

Thanks to all.

We were all newbies at one time, I am just 6 weeks into the "Class A" thing and I will tell you I am still learning a whole lot as it is so different from my Class C. Happy Trails and use the RV often.
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb.25 View Post
Thanks. That is sort of what I figured. Part of my problem is that the level indicator lights all indicate full, even when it is freshly dumped. I have tried cleaning solutions, and the "bag of ice" drive around trick. Neither one helped.
Also tried the reverse flush with a valve that is built into the Rexhall. Didn't help. If I order one of those wands that you stick down through the toilet and hook up to water hose, how do you know which way to aim the jet ?
I had a problem with one of my sensors in my black tank. It was reading 1/4 full after I finished emptying it.

What I did was buy one of those wand thingies with the spinning head (Camco ??) for about $16. I hooked it up to my backyard spigot and used FULL power, while moving the wand up and down and all around. I really had NO idea where the sensors were, but it really didn't matter as the spinning head covered a 360-degree area.

I did it for once for about 2 minutes, checked the sensor and it worked. And just for good measure, I did another 2 minute cleaning session and the waste water that came out was almost clear.

I'd give the wand a try if I were you. What have you got to lose ? 16 bucks and a few minutes of your time ??

Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank