Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Blue Beacon and wax job

Any definitive answers on whether using Blue Beacon will remove the wax from the coach. I've read that some say to not use the brushes but what I can tell, they use the soft brushes.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

Brushes do not remove wax, strong cleaners remove wax. I doubt owner operators would use a truck wash that removes wax, and if a wash service did they would not stay profitable long.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
doc

Appalachian Campers
There is one near us that use what he told me was a very mild acid similar to a weak vinegar. I don't use them on the present coach
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #4

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Any definitive answers on whether using Blue Beacon will remove the wax from the coach. I've read that some say to not use the brushes but what I can tell, they use the soft brushes.
It depends on what you mean by wax. If it's a carnauba wax product like so many exterior waxes are, then it is fairly easily removed. These kind of waxes only last a few weeks or so anyway under optimal circumstances.

If you use a synthetic wax that is often referred to as a sealant, they are usually more hardy and can stand up to car washes, wash brushes, and the elements much better. Some sealants can last up to a year if cared for properly.

Whether you use a synthetic wax or not though, it's a good practice to layer on wax protection fairly often. With the newer exterior care products that are available these days, you can easily do that using a pole system without using any ladders. And it doesn't take very long to do.

If you run the RV through the Blue Beacon wash, you could layer on a much better wax product than they offer anyway. And it never hurts to apply more than one layer of wax protection.
dl1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Brushes do not remove wax, strong cleaners remove wax. I doubt owner operators would use a truck wash that removes wax, and if a wash service did they would not stay profitable long.

Incorrect. Traditional wax would most definitely be removed by a brush. Even washing a vehicle with a microfiber towel would remove traditional carnuba wax.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #6

To the Op, I have had traditional car washes leave scratches on brand new vehicles. I have always had a firm policy to not utilize drive through car washes. I also prefer not to use pressure washers/high pressure when washing vehicles. Blue Beacon utilizes both of those. I typically wash my coach 3-4 times a year. 1 or 2 washes will be followed by a good hand wax with a hearty traditional wax. The other washes, I utilize a wax-as-you-dry product.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I will take all into consideration.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote