Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #15

I've had our coach washed at various Blue Beacons around the country probably 50 times. Never had a problem with anything.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #16

Ok. Here is my take. I have used them a few times. They did a pretty good job considering the price. It's cheap. My coach is a 2002 and the only paint is on the baggage doors. I also removed my decals last year and have not replaced them yet. I have less to risk. I doubt very seriously I would use them if I had a fairly new coach. But that's just my opinion. I'm very picky with shiny new stuff. One other thing to consider is we are talking about a service oriented chain with different results depending on the location and even the crew on that day. I did not get the feeling it was a controlled environment with specific types of brushes ONLY being used an a system of care that would be carried on from one location to another. Again this is just my opinion and by no means am I a Blue Beacon guru. For me and my coach...I'll keep using them for now. Washing is a PITA.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:30 AM   #17

Being some what of a newbie .... what does PITA stand for ?
CCFROMFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFROMFL View Post
Being some what of a newbie .... what does PITA stand for ?
Pain in the a#%
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:02 AM   #19

I've used blue beacon all over the Country. I use them on this coach within 3 day of picking it up.

I have never had a problem. I will at times if we have been in dust or bad weather ask them to spray out my battery compartments and LP compartments. Always have had no issues.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I use Blue Beacon sometimes, no big issues. As Noserider mentioned, I don't think I would put my 2016 through there. You might want to check with Newmar, they have wash/wax recommendations for new coaches.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:09 AM   #21
RV LIFE Support Team

We started using Blue Beacon several years ago and have sensors on our tires. Never a problem. They are use to sensors as the truckers use them also, tire sensors are not unique to RVs.

Years ago we had a stuck on level wash off, that has been our only "damage". We generally clean our rig several times a trip and have them wipe down all the windows also(only time they are ever going to get cleaned on the outside). Never a problem.

For the price you can't beat them.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarv1 View Post
does anyone know of any place that would wash my rig & trailer someplace north of daytona close to 95 thanks in advance
IF YOU ARE going up 95 in Brunswick,Ga exit for flying j there is a great Blue Beacon...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #23

Blue beacon truck wash risky for rv owners

I have used BB several times at various locations with mixed results. The last time in Sparks, NV there were no brushes involved and very little washing. More of a quick rinse. The supervisor did his little theatrical routine of spot checks with a flashlight. I had to finish the job with a towel the next morning.

There don't appear to be any standards of performance in the company, so it really is the luck of the draw.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 AM   #24

We have used Blue Beacon and were satisfied with what they did. They washed the rig and the toad. I would go back as soon as I need one.
Jeff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
We've used Blue Beacon multiple times and have never had a problem. We have TST TPMS sensors on our tires but I can't even imagine how brushing them would cause them to fall off. They have a "theft resistant" outer shell so rotating them doesn't unscrew them from the valve stem.

Maybe you should try something that was suggested to me which is to give the guy in charge of the washing crew a tip BEFORE they start washing. The last time we were washed I gave him $20 and we sure did get good service.
The sensors were broken off because they were struck by the wood brush backer. I hope you never have a problem because they will not pay which was my point.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote