Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #1

Bluetooth Temperature control

Hello
We are going to leave the Motor Home in Florida for March and April. We will be traveling back and forth to Indiana during those months. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on a remote/bluetooth thermostat to check the inside temp of the motor home while we are back home in Indiana?
Also, is it wise to leave the air on and set the inside temp to a moderate setting to avoid mildew and mold while not using the motor home?

Thank you
TFife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2022, 10:29 AM   #2

I installed the micro air easy touch in my last RV

https://micro-air.com/products_easyt...ouchscreen.cfm
Enadio4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The range of any bluetooth device is measured in feet, not miles, so you don't want to go that route. You'll need a device that connects via WiFi, which of course requires that the RV has WiFi available at all times.
If you just want to MONITOR the inside temp of the RV then there are several choices to choose from on Amazon.
If you want to CONTROL the AC and it's function, then the thermostat suggested above is the one *I* would go with.

I keep the AC on in my RV at all times to control mildew and such, but the RV sits beside my house so I'm rarely far away for any length of time. I did the same when I had boats in a marina, but I would get there usually once a week or so.
That said, there are hundreds (thousands?) of them sitting in storage areas that are not plugged in.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enadio4u View Post
I installed the micro air easy touch in my last RV

https://micro-air.com/products_easyt...ouchscreen.cfm
The micro air works great with wifi. if you do not want to control the temperature Temp stick works well to just give alerts
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 11:32 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You will need to have a way to connect the Micro-Air to Wi-Fi.

Once you have that, you may also want to consider a Canary Security unit, as it monitors temp, humidity, air quality, and has a camera so you can keep an eye on things. I would stick with the free service as it does everything you need.

Canary Pro Indoor Home Security Camera with Climate Monitor | 90dB Siren, 1080p HD, 2-Way Talk, Motion Alert, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Baby Monitor, WiFi IP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5FM2JH...2T790J05AA7VRE
Old 02-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree on the Micro Air. I bought three of them primarily where I can monitor the coach in storage. You do have to have a wifi or cell hot spot connected to be able to monitor it remotely.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 12:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
I agree on the Micro Air. I bought three of them primarily where I can monitor the coach in storage. You do have to have a wifi or cell hot spot connected to be able to monitor it remotely.

Absolutely agree. I love being able to control my AC/Heater from anywhere, especially when temps suddenly drop.
Old 02-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #8

Since we travel with our dogs we use a Marcell unit to monitor the temps inside our MH while we are away for short times. It uses a cell signal and will notify us if the temperature gets out of a set range. It will notify us if the power is lost and when it comes back on again. You can also use the app to get the current temp. when needed.
I would highly recommend for anyone traveling with their pets
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #9

Thanks for your help. When I get on the Micro Air website, it asks if I have a stage 1 or 2 thermostat so they can determine which unit is right for me. Do you know what the difference is? I have a 2010 with 3 roof top AC and a front and back furnace that is ran on 1 thermostat with dual zone. Thanks
TFife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:31 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
When you go to the website there is a link that says

Which Model Do I Need?

Click on it and it asks the model of AC unit,
Then it has a series of pictures of different thermostats, click on what you have, it will then ask for information on Make/model/year of your coach.

It will then show you which model thermostat you need.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
temperature