Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Why would you be paying storage fees if they are the holdup?

Totally agree, they have no grounds for charging "storage fees" if they are the holdup in getting the repairs done.

The Washington State Attorney Generals Office is VERY receptive toward cases like this. Hopefully you have an estimate of repair from the shop, and have documented any and all correspondence with the shop.

Put it all in either a spreadsheet form, or a narrative form and contact the State AG immediately! They will take your information, and contact the shop to give them an opportunity to state THEIR side of the story (as they should), but given that it has been FOURTEEN MONTHS, and the repair is still not complete, I don't think they have leg to stand on. Good luck in your case!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #16

Oh, I forgot to ask. Is the shop you took it to AAA approved? If so, and even if you are NOT a member of AAA, contact THEM as well, they will look into it. If they agree with you that FOURTEEN MONTHS is an excessive amount of time, they will work with you to get the situation resolved (and I can't imagine that why they would think that FOURTEEN MONTHS is NOT an excessive amount of time). If they cannot resolve it, they may revoke their AAA certification (if they have it), but at the very least, they will blacklist the shop as NOT recommended for repairs.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #17

I feel your pain. I went through a similar situation last year only more abbreviated. After 2 months of excuses and lies i went to another shop armed with detailed pictures .Got a commitment from them to complete the repair with in a month. Toured their facility and checked their work to make sure I wasn't going from the frying pan to the fire. Went back to the shop that was dragging work. Quite calmly and politely explained to the owner that the job had to be complete in 1 month or it was going to another shop no matter what. During the meeting constantly asked the owner to put himself in my shoes and what would you do. It was done in the month. Any kind of service or warranties after the fact were not done but that was expected, so be sure and check everything very very carefully before you give final payment. I realize there are other things that come into play as to what your insurance company has already advanced him, cost of towing and even if it is towable in the condition it is in. Storage fees should be off the table immediately if they are mentioned. YOU BROUGHT THE RV TO BE REPAIRED NOT STORED . I know you are in a difficult spot. You don't want to p--- off your server cause hell spit in your food but anything over a couple of months for any repair is being way to patient. By the way anyone who wants to know where my problem shop was I would be happy to help you avoid the same situation. Worst experience of my life bar none.
roddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
I know how you feel I went through the same thing with a previous rig 4 years ago. I had a collision with a boulder and trees. $17,000 damage. The first shop that I had it towed to, had it for 2 months before they told me they could not get the parts because they were not a Jayco dealer. They had removed some of the damaged Items so they could make a bid because there was hidden damage. (They did not charge me for the work or the Bid). I contacted the insurance company and explained what had happened. They sent out a adjuster and he told me to take it to SLC UT to a Jayco Dealer. I was able to Move the Vehicle 285 miles to a Jayco Dealer in SLC UT. Who repaired it to my satisfaction. They were a big shop and it still took almost a year to get parts and get it repaired. Depending on parts it can take a long time especially if the unit is out of production or no longer made.
Mel