RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Boston RV Show

DW and I spent yesterday afternoon at the Boston RV Show. The main take-away for me is that we did really well selecting and buying our used rig last September. We bought a really well maintained 2011 Itasca Sunstar 35F, and I didn't see any gassers yesterday that I liked better than ours, including the 2017 35F. Winnebago removed the bedroom windows! They also removed the window at the end of the living room slide.

I did see some nice higher-end DP's that I wouldn't mind having, but they're out of our price range.
affreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #2

What other gassers were there? I didn't get to go because it would be a long day and the Patriots were on.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
What other gassers were there? I didn't get to go because it would be a long day and the Patriots were on.
I remember several Thor A.C.E.'s, which did not impress me a bit. There was also A Tiffin Allegro 34PA, which I really do like both in terms of build and floorplan, except Tiffin still insists on mounting TVs at a 90 degree angle to the seating!

For DP's I remember a Ventana (surprisingly little headroom inside) and a Mountain Aire, among others.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
I remember several Thor A.C.E.'s, which did not impress me a bit. There was also A Tiffin Allegro 34PA, which I really do like both in terms of build and floorplan, except Tiffin still insists on mounting TVs at a 90 degree angle to the seating!

For DP's I remember a Ventana (surprisingly little headroom inside) and a Mountain Aire, among others.

Unfortunately the Tiffin 34PA is the one I wanted to see. Oh well. I agree on the TV and am wondering if a televator can be mounted into the optional table desk.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

Had the same TV issue as well as others with Tiffin, went with Newmar instead. Was also looking at Fleetwood.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Unfortunately the Tiffin 34PA is the one I wanted to see. Oh well. I agree on the TV and am wondering if a televator can be mounted into the optional table desk.
I first saw a 34PA at Camper's Inn down in Raynham. You might check with them to see if they have one on the lot.

I liked the people down there and would have happily dealt with them, but they just didn't have what we were looking for in their used inventory.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
What didnt you like about the ACE ? Just wondering.
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc290 View Post
What didnt you like about the ACE ? Just wondering.
I guess I set myself up for that question by saying I wasn't impressed. I don't want to insult anybody who owns an A.C.E. and loves it, but it felt cheaply made to me. Part of it is that I just don't buy into the whole concept of melding an A and a C class. And part of it is what felt to me to be flimsy construction inside.

And I'll freely admit that if I had come from a $300,000 high end DP, I'd be saying the exact same thing about my little Winnebago gasser.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I was surprised to see so many DPs- I don't remember that many last year. My W liked the Tiffin Phaeton, the short one- 38 ft. Put it on her list for 5 years or so down the road.

The big surprise for us was meeting three campground owners who had just bought their campgrounds in the last month! I wish them luck- they were energetic and looking forward to sprucing them up. One told me to bring my chain saw and he'd cut me a break. ;-)

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
I was surprised to see so many DPs- I don't remember that many last year. My W liked the Tiffin Phaeton, the short one- 38 ft. Put it on her list for 5 years or so down the road.

The big surprise for us was meeting three campground owners who had just bought their campgrounds in the last month! I wish them luck- they were energetic and looking forward to sprucing them up. One told me to bring my chain saw and he'd cut me a break. ;-)

Walt
Yeah, we have our local boat/rv/vacation show in Louisville, Ky coming up in a week or 2 and I am looking forward to see how many vendors are there advertising some newer campgrounds not too far away but just far enough. Usually Ky. State Parks do a great job of representing at the show however those campgrounds that I like fill up rather quickly with reservations beginning this month for the warmer months. Unfortunately I can't predict when I can get away until it's too late to make a reservation. Thank you for the insight

David
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
I first saw a 34PA at Camper's Inn down in Raynham. You might check with them to see if they have one on the lot.

I liked the people down there and would have happily dealt with them, but they just didn't have what we were looking for in their used inventory.
Looked at that one. That coach had some damage that I pointed out to them, not sure how it happened but it was at the FMCA get together last August and since it was hot and there was no power, they ran the generator the whole time. Generator had a lot of hours for a brand new coach. Also didn't have some of the options we wanted and if we are going to pay that much for a new coach I would want it to our specifications. I do like the layout and the floor plan, and with four slides it is quite nice when open.

The other thing I noticed is a lot of coaches are being order with very dark wood for the cabinets. Wondering if dark stain is making a comeback.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Looked at that one. That coach had some damage that I pointed out to them, not sure how it happened but it was at the FMCA get together last August and since it was hot and there was no power, they ran the generator the whole time. Generator had a lot of hours for a brand new coach. Also didn't have some of the options we wanted and if we are going to pay that much for a new coach I would want it to our specifications. I do like the layout and the floor plan, and with four slides it is quite nice when open.

The other thing I noticed is a lot of coaches are being order with very dark wood for the cabinets. Wondering if dark stain is making a comeback.
You can order exactly what you want. I do remember talking to them about lead times if we were to order.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
I appreciate your response, we have a thor ace- knowing that it is a entry model, and im sure we will move up over the years.
djc290 is offline   Reply With Quote