Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Bought the 2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J

Well I took the plunge and bought the 2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J. Mint condition I must say and very happy with my decision. Just on small thing which I would like to ask assistance on. For some strange reason the original owner took out the front windshield privacy curtain, don't know why. Would anyone know the length and height of both driver and passenger sides so I can find and order new ones. My 07 Damon 369 had the pleated sort of firm style that you just hold the provided plastic sick to open and close them.
All assistance welcomed and a big thank you in advance.
Merry Christmas to all
Tequilla Sunrise 38J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would check with Winnebago, they should be able to tell you the measurements and maybe even sell you a curtain. If that fails I'd take a measurement from the curtain track to the dash. Then take the curtain track down and measure the length of that with a cloth measuring tape, you'll have to take it down to install the curtain so this is not an extra step. I can't measure ours because ours is in storage for the winter.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cool good deal- hope it meets your needs.
Safe travels
Old 12-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #4

2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I would check with Winnebago, they should be able to tell you the measurements and maybe even sell you a curtain. If that fails I'd take a measurement from the curtain track to the dash. Then take the curtain track down and measure the length of that with a cloth measuring tape, you'll have to take it down to install the curtain so this is not an extra step. I can't measure ours because ours is in storage for the winter.
Thank you for your help. I left the coach at the rv dealer which is 250 miles away. With bad weather and icy roads, they are going to deliver it (for free) down to me when the weather gets better, otherwise I would go and measure the tracks.
Thank you
Old 12-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I guess bounder971 will be changing his name soon.

Congrats on the new coach!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Congrats on your rig! I'm sure you will love it. Has to be the best floorplan I have found out there. Can't understand why it was stopped in '08! I could go out and measure the track in ours if it's the same. I would guess it is. Like that it overlaps when closed and also when it's open it is out of the way.
I spent 2 years hunting down our 38J, and glad I took the time.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #7

Don't even bother with the curtain. Get someone to install custom day night roller shades. Best thing I ever did in my old Precept.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Just came in from measuring the track and curtains-
Track is 104 inches long and overlaps by 10 inches in the center.
Curtains measure 130 inches long by 38 inches high.
Hope that helps. In my opinion, these curtains are much better than any roll down blinds can be. Flexible and very easy to slide into place. Our cat likes them also, as he can just poke his head under to have a look out if we haven't opened them yet and he wants to see what's going on outside.
We have the fitted sun/privacy screen that snaps on the outside as well.(windshield and both side windows) Really nice to have to keep sun out and privacy also letting light in during the day. It's the same as having a very dark tint on the windshield and side windows.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #9

2006 Sunrise 38J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
I guess bounder971 will be changing his name soon.

Congrats on the new coach!
Thank you, really looking forward to it and yes I shall have to change my name when I figure out how.
This is my 13 th motorhome , hope it's a good one
Old 12-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder971 View Post
Thank you, really looking forward to it and yes I shall have to change my name when I figure out how.
This is my 13 th motorhome , hope it's a good one
Let me know what name you would like to have and we'll see if it's available for you.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #11

2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
Just came in from measuring the track and curtains-
Track is 104 inches long and overlaps by 10 inches in the center.
Curtains measure 130 inches long by 38 inches high.
Hope that helps. In my opinion, these curtains are much better than any roll down blinds can be. Flexible and very easy to slide into place. Our cat likes them also, as he can just poke his head under to have a look out if we haven't opened them yet and he wants to see what's going on outside.
We have the fitted sun/privacy screen that snaps on the outside as well.(windshield and both side windows) Really nice to have to keep sun out and privacy also letting light in during the day. It's the same as having a very dark tint on the windshield and side windows.
Wow, thank you. I have been in contact with a fellow at Winnie and he said the curtains were 110 inch each side and 42 inch drop (height). I think I had better wait til I can see feel and touch it, then measure and get it right. I like the sort of firm pleated ones with the plastic wand to close them and if I order wrong, I am stuck with them.
Thank you for you taking the time to go and measure for me.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #12

2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Let me know what name you would like to have and we'll see if it's available for you.
Tequilla Sunrise 38J
Old 12-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla Sunrise 38J View Post
Tequilla Sunrise 38J
Consider it done, enjoy your new unit and name.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #14

2006 Itasca Sunrise 38J

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Consider it done, enjoy your new unit and name.
Well thank you John and yes can't wait for spring to get ramblin.
Once again have a Merry Christmas.
Tequilla sunrise 38J

Tags
itasca