Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #1

Bounder or Miramar?

We're looking at these two units in the 34-36 range and either seems to meet our needs. The Bounder is somewhat more expensive because of the "LX" package. We drove a '15 Bounder and it handled nice and was amazingly more quiet than our Thor Siesta.
We are headed Wednesday to a dealer to put them side by side. Being new to this "A bizness", what do we need to know in advance and we probably don't know what even to ask. Thanks.........
tickfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We love our 2015 Bounder 33C. Only upgrade we did was a Roadmaster Trac bar. Handles and drives very nicely.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Fleetwood over Thor all day, everyday.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I don't know much about the Miramar, but we've been quite happy w/our Bounder. They haven't been around for over 30 years for nuthin'.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FLEETWOOD! No contest. It's all in the details.
TWINCAMSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #6

AFter 2 years of research Fleetwood was on my top three list. Thor wasn't ever considered. But that's just me.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:40 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My current coach maybe a Thor product, that I very happy with, but if you're looking at new go with the Bounder. Just too many stupid problems with the products coming off the Thor production lines.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do a factory tour

We did and drove both a Bounder and the Miramar. More squeaks and rattles in Bounder on the same highway on the same day test drives.

Decided on the '16 Miramar, happy so far. We used it as much as we could in the first year, Thor did all the warranty things we brought to their attention.

I'm not doing much to it in terms of mods, still thinking about Sumos and Banks, but that's it.

All the best.
JD11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:32 AM   #9

try the Thor CHALLENGER also, it's more in line with the Bounder LX line, and has more features that you'll appreciate over the Miramar...

also, check out the ForestRiver Coachmen MIRADA SELECT models, they are really great, have an optional living room drop down double bunk over the coach and table, and have great storage...
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickfarm View Post
We're looking at these two units in the 34-36 range and either seems to meet our needs. The Bounder is somewhat more expensive because of the "LX" package. We drove a '15 Bounder and it handled nice and was amazingly more quiet than our Thor Siesta.
We are headed Wednesday to a dealer to put them side by side. Being new to this "A bizness", what do we need to know in advance and we probably don't know what even to ask. Thanks.........
If you think a '15 Bounder is quiet you should try a '16 or later Bounder. Considerably more quiet than the earlier ones. They added insulation under the doghouse and it makes a HUGE difference. 18 months ago I did an analysis of the features of my 3 top runners - Allegro 36LA, Bounder 35K, Winnie (can't recall the model). The Bounder won for price/value. It does everything I need at the price I wanted.
If you are thinking value, the Bounder has a lot.
I would recommend making a list of items that are important to you. See if those items are in the models you are looking at and go from there.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Not quite apples to apples, but we bought an older ('97) Fleetwood Pace Arrow (gas) last summer, and it amazes me how well it seems to have been built. Almost 20 years old, and everything seems to work fine! I've done a few minor repairs, and the inverter blew out on our first trip, but that MAY have been because of a really bad lightning storm that took out the power in the entire area we were in. Wouldn't work after the power came back (no surge protector, sadly). It looks like the microwave may have been replaced, but hey, I'm on my third one of those in my house, too, since 1993!
RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #12

I have to back what RCC said.
We have a 96 36 ft Fleetwood Bounder & im always surprised in how well it works .
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #13

dont buy a 36 ft coach on a 22,000 lb chassis and a 228 inch wheel base to boot, such as the Bounder your looking at
Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Do you have a reason why you say they shouldn't ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick View Post
dont buy a 36 ft coach on a 22,000 lb chassis and a 228 inch wheel base to boot, such as the Bounder your looking at

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder