Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2021, 08:34 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Bridgestone tires

It's getting to be "tire time" for our Aspire, 315/80/22.5 Front & 295/80/22.5 Rears. I'm waiting for the FMCA quote but, locally Michelins are $8950+ and Bridgestone are $4900 plus valve stems.
I'm going to check Toyo and Hankook too.
Anybody have experience with Bridgestone?
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
It's getting to be "tire time" for our Aspire, 315/80/22.5 Front & 295/80/22.5 Rears. I'm waiting for the FMCA quote but, locally Michelins are $8950+ and Bridgestone are $4900 plus valve stems.
I'm going to check Toyo and Hankook too.
Anybody have experience with Bridgestone?
Only experience I have with Bridgestone's is I have them on order to replace my 8 year old Michelins. Went through Pomps as we did a lot of business with them for truck tires. Thought it was an easy peasy. Order on Tuesday, get on Thursday. 4 came, waiting on the last 2...............3 weeks. At least now they know where they are so should be good on Friday.

But yes, I asked the same question a while back and got little to no response. Everybody was taking about Toyo. Pomp's had them too. Bridgestone's were $26 a tire more, but they recommended them. Personally if I was absolutely sure I was keeping this coach as my forever home, I'd buy the Michelin, but I am selling my home and will probably upgrade coaches once more when the market settles down and I have the money to buy exactly what I want.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slightly different size on my coach (235/80 R22.5) originally but I went with Bridgestone Ecopia to replace my aging Michelin’s. If memory serves the corresponding size was 245/75 R22.5 but don’t quote me on that! Only about 500 miles on them so far but no complaints at all. Similar ride comfort and noise levels, but significantly cheaper and much easier to find then the Michellins.

The lack of availability of the Michellins sealed the deal, if I couldn’t find when swapping 6, you know what was going to happen when broken down on the side of the road.
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I just pulled the Bridgestones off, I would have bought the same but the prices were way too high. I ended up with Yohohama.

The Bridgestones we had aged out but from appearance still looked good. In fact I kept one of the rears for a spare.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:22 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Michelin is my last choice for RV tires. They had their chance but cracked sidewalls at five and a half years, ended their reign.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 04:49 PM   #6

You might check on Firestones. Bridgestone owns Firestone. After a year Bridgestone passes their top of the line on to Firestone. Developments in RV tires do not change much from year to year.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Gp with the Bridgestones. The Michelins will develop sidewall cracks . I have found that the Bridgestone steer tires preform better than Michelins, Goodyear and Toyo (tried them all).
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:47 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
When I needed new tires, I checked FMCA discounts and went with a local supplier as his price was better than the so-called FMCA discount. Be sure and shop local as well for good pricing.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #9

Yeah the fmca discount is a grift. I’ve gotten better prices elsewhere as well
Massparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #10

I purchased Toyo tires to replace the GoodYear tires that came with my rig. A friend had Toyo's and were nine years old! He replaced them with another set of Toyo's because he was going across the country again. Great riding tires and steer and stop well.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:25 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have toyo's up front and iron Man (18 wheeler tires) on the back (drive and tag), With the right air pressure and the air suspension we have absolutely no complaints. We're lovin' it. We had Michelin's initially, but really didn't notice much of a difference after the change. We spent the $4000 we saved on tires on a vacation in Aruba. Which made the DW happy....So I'm happy. LOL
Old 07-28-2021, 09:28 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I had Bridgestone Tractions on my rear drivers...I just replaced with R-187's (8x19.5's).
The old rubber was 15 years old with 60K and they still looked good..Rig is stored inside heated etc...I just got a little nervous about the "age" thing so sprung for them..$340.out the door in Wenatchee, Wa.
Joyce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:54 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
When purchasing RV tires Ask the for the specifications on the tires you are considering purchasing. One of the spec’s you should take under consideration is the rotation. This number is the number of revolution per mile. The range you are looking for is between 489 to 491. The lower the number is best. There is a website that has all this information.
Quick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick68 View Post
When purchasing RV tires Ask the for the specifications on the tires you are considering purchasing. One of the spec’s you should take under consideration is the rotation. This number is the number of revolution per mile. The range you are looking for is between 489 to 491. The lower the number is best. There is a website that has all this information.

The number of revolutions per mile depends on the tire diameter. Smaller tire-more revolutions, bigger tire-less revolutions.
For a given tire size, different brands have slight differences in the overall diameter. The only noticeable impact may be the speedo & odo mileage but I would not base my decision on such a small difference.

The attached link was a uTube about Tyron safety bands. I did not feel like watching 40 minutes of that to see if there was something about it.

Tags
tire, tires