Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #1

Broken Side Glass

Hi everyone, I have a broken side window in my 2005, National Rv, Seabreeze 8341 xl. I've looked everywhere for the glass. The fixed portion of the window is intact, I only need the sliding portion. This seems to be nearly impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Redskins75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2021, 06:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins75 View Post
Hi everyone, I have a broken side window in my 2005, National Rv, Seabreeze 8341 xl. I've looked everywhere for the glass. The fixed portion of the window is intact, I only need the sliding portion. This seems to be nearly impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Some questions.

Is it dual pane glass?
Is it a large side window?
Are you, personally, able to remove the broken window and its frame from your rv?
Is the window glass tinted?
What problem, exactly, are you having in locating a replacement?
Have you tried any rv salvage yards?

Advice may depend on answers to the above questions.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Impossible in what way? You can remove the entire window and take it into an auto glass shop and see what they can do. Or maybe a place that does fogged RV dual pane window repair (they are experienced in removing the panes from RV glass). WHat area are you located in? Somebody in your region should have the know-how.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Contact RV Glass Solutions. They have windshields and side window glass.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:21 AM   #5

It is a dual pane, it's the window over the dinette. It has a fixed pane and a sliding pane. The fixed pane is intact and the sliding pane is completely removed. I thought I'd be able to just replace the sliding portion, without removing the entire unit. Most of my area Auto glass companies, here in Northeastern Pa won't touch it.
Redskins75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:08 AM   #6

I would search EBay for one the same size. It has to be removed to put glass back in it.

Until you can take it to Suncoast Design in Hudson, FL you can make one out of 1/8” Plexiglas. It can be bent enough to put it in the bottom track and bend it enough to get it to go into the top track. The entire window has to come out to put glass in it.
Sandy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:28 AM   #7

If this were me, I would schedule a camping trip to The Fog Doctor or similar place of business and let them fix it, then travel the tour that area. That is exactly what we did.

BTW, that large window, at lease in my coach, other than being heavy and awkward, comes out relatively easy. With the help of my wife and daughter I was able to remove the entire thing when we took out the old Norcold and brought in the new residential refrigerator.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote