Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #15

Once you look at prices you will soon recognize a good price when you see it. Call seller and get as much info as you can. How long have they owned it, last time they used it. How old are the tires. Tires are a major cost and unless they are only a few years old you will likely find your self replacing them. The price guides are not worth much at all when it comes to an older unit.

I inspected my unit myself. I also did so at different times of the day so that I could se delamination issues if there was some. I drove the unit myself abs also had the owner drive it while I walked around and listened.

I took the unit I bought to a mechanic and had him check it out and also put the new tires I bought on. He said everything was good but could use new shocks soon. I am going to get them done before heading south. Common sense will help you a lot and an inspection can help as well. I live in an area that had no inspectors around so I had to depend on my self. I had owned trailers so I inspected every system and it was the mechanical that I had to trust my opinion on.

The unit I bought I knew the price was good when I called the guy and after looking at it and offering him less then his ask and he said yes I knew that even with new tires I was getting a good deal. Do not worry about paying to much as you will know if you get a great deal as after looking for a while the process will make sense. Good luck.
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
buying