Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One more vote for Les Schwab and Toyo's,,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
I got my mine from Henderson's Line Up in Grants Pass using the FMCA promotion. Henderson's does not stock tires so I contacted Henderson's, they ordered the tires and call me when the tires arrived. Worked out OK for me. As mentioned above Les Schwab might be a good way to go.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #17

toyo tires

Been reading about tires here. I am going to replace my 8 year old Toyo's this summer and got a price for all 6 installed .I use the balance beads. price out the door for the m154 265/75R/22.5 is $2529.61. That is here in Abilene TX. and includes tax could of $212.00. Any one know the price in Oregon? I have a granddaughter in Portland that I will be visiting this summer so could wait and get new one's there.
Any info appreciated.
Busyguy
busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyguy View Post
Been reading about tires here. I am going to replace my 8 year old Toyo's this summer and got a price for all 6 installed .I use the balance beads. price out the door for the m154 265/75R/22.5 is $2529.61. That is here in Abilene TX. and includes tax could of $212.00. Any one know the price in Oregon? I have a granddaughter in Portland that I will be visiting this summer so could wait and get new one's there.
Any info appreciated.
Busyguy
Well even if it's the same price in Oregon, if your tires are in good enough shape to get you to Oregon the $212.00 in taxes will almost buy you a tank of fuel to get there if you know what I mean.
My parents and brother used to live in Coleman. If your down Santa Ana way stop in at the Rockin R Five steakhouse. Best kept secret in the north Hill Country.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #19

tires in oregon

Thanks craig
Will have to run down and check them out.
busyguy
Old 04-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #20

I would not ever put Toyos on our coach. I had two of them where the tread separated from the tire--the last time it even kept pressure in the tire with the tread slapping loose. I have 7 years on these Michelins and have new Michelins on order.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
I would not ever put Toyos on our coach. I had two of them where the tread separated from the tire--the last time it even kept pressure in the tire with the tread slapping loose. I have 7 years on these Michelins and have new Michelins on order.
And I had a Michelin with under 1000 miles on it blow out the inside side wall while sitting in storage. And Michelin would only give me 50% cause the date code was three years old, from sitting at the HM factory.
Paulandvicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #22

From the FMCA, Michelin advantage program: "The Michelin Advantage Program does not guarantee the lowest price, as local dealers may be able to provide local customers with better prices".
Double check before signing a deal.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:12 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Industrial Tire in Roseburg,OR.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #24

tires in Oregon

To Peralko
I drove over the road for 25 yrs after I retired from the AF. I have had a lot of flats and blow-outs. I can tell you that the TOYO tires are great tires and we used a lot of them. You are also very lucky that the tread separated and the tire didn't blow and do a lot of damage to your coach. will say the TOYO's do have a stiffer sidewall and therefore may give a little rougher ride but, I think they are a good trade off from the more expensive Michelin 's
JMO
Busyguy
Old 04-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Like Ron says, any Les Schwab in Oregon can help you. Call ahead and let them know the tire size you need and there will bo no delays.
Hughfechtler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires