Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #1

buying tires online

I am looking at needing (6) 315/80 r22.5 and am finding my local dealers are backordered and have very little selection. I do seem to find on-line sites indicating they do have stock. Having never bought tires online i was hoping to hear from any one who has and did they have a good experience? Any recommendations on site that performed?
I am not concerned with mounting and installation just would like to have tires on the ground before the end of november. Michelin said they were behind 4000 tires. One local dealer today suggested i go with a traction truck tire as that's all they had stock in my size.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2022, 09:05 PM   #2

The tires on my MH were 10 years old when I got it. My search included the internet at first just to compare cost.

I used https://www.motorhometires.com/

I called with a question and was impressed by the answers.

I got Yokohama RY023 because that is what I had and looked to still be in good condition.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:07 PM   #3
US1

I bought thru Walmart online twice, in last 3 yrs. Delivered to my home. Best prices
7) 19.5" Sumotomos with date codes of 3 months.
7) 22" Toyo with date codes 4 and 5 months.

Wouldn't think a thing to order again thru Walmart when time comes.
US1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:27 PM   #4

My concern is that locally the tires are not available and i have been unable to find any dealers within a few states that have them but i see several online stores show stock. Is this a case of i order then they delay and waste a bunch of my time or send me old tires. I have a couple months but time seems to go by as you all know. I am not even shopping for the best deal. I just want tires.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:59 PM   #5

If your size is 315/80R22.5, then I too would recommend motorhometires.com. They are an iRV2 sponsor and one of the sponsors this section of the forum, Class A discussions, that we are on right now. From what I hear, they are service oriented and will work with you closely on finding a good installer if needed and also are concerned and know the importance of fresh stock (date codes) for recreational motorhome use.

315/80R22.5 offerings at motorhometires.com

I'd personally recommend staying with these three brands (but you and others may have other preferred brands):

1. Toyo M144 - Set Of 6 ..go HERE

2. Yokohama 104ZR - Set Of 6 ...go HERE

3. Hankook Hankook AL22 - Set Of 6 ...go HERE

They indicate all are "in stock" but you can always call and confirm, 866-501-1998
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:34 AM   #6

In August I had to order tires online (long story) anyway I was looking for Toyo tires the M154 series. I ended up going with Simple Tire and was very happy.
I got the tires delivered to installer in 3 days, customer service was great I have no complaints about them at all.
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:53 AM   #7

Another vote for Simple Tire.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 04:36 PM   #8

I did get a couple unsolicited calls today from my looking online and i ask the age of there tires. One said less then a year and the other said no more then 4 years.I was driving and unable to take note so i am not sure who had called me. They said since they didnt have the tires but sourced form wherehouses across the country the age of the tire couldnt be verified. Remember when we could just go to the tire store and get what we needed?
Old 10-14-2022, 05:54 PM   #9

I only buy tires on line for all my vehicles.
Iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:22 PM   #10

I had good luck with motorhometires.com when I replaced mine a couple of years ago. I ordered them online, they delivered to a local tire company who came to the park we were in for installation. I actually talked on the phone with a rep before I placed the order, and told him I needed fresh tires. He guaranteed they would be less than 6 months old, and they came through on that promise. But, you have to watch the prices, because depending on which tires you choose, they may or may not have the best deal.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:41 PM   #11

Well again (and you probably skipped my previous post), I think you should at least call motorhometires.com and inquire about their procedures and the manner in which they will work with you on the freshness of tires. I've never purchased there myself but I've talked with two customers and have read some of the reviews here on the forum.

Yes, they are not the cheapest but you admit that you do not necessarily need the absolute cheapest prices. They are "brokers' of sorts but most reviews here on the forum seem positive.

Again, they are an iRV2 sponsor so hopefully will not treat the participants here on the forum badly or they definitely won't get good reviews and that might discourage others on the forum from purchasing there.

I gave you some links to their pages, check them out if you have the time and give them a call.

No, I don't work for them or receive a commission and have in the past, recommended other vendors and tire shops in my posts for those looking for rock bottom prices or wanting to deal with a local business but the situation you describe seems to fit at least calling motorhometires.com and talking with them to see if they may be able to help you. What harm will it do?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 10:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
Well again (and you probably skipped my previous post), I think you should at least call motorhometires.com and inquire about their procedures and the manner in which they will work with you on the freshness of tires. I've never purchased there myself but I've talked with two customers and have read some of the reviews here on the forum.

Yes, they are not the cheapest but you admit that you do not necessarily need the absolute cheapest prices. They are "brokers' of sorts but most reviews here on the forum seem positive.

Again, they are an iRV2 sponsor so hopefully will not treat the participants here on the forum badly or they definitely won't get good reviews and that might discourage others on the forum from purchasing there.

I gave you some links to their pages, check them out if you have the time and give them a call.

No, I don't work for them or receive a commission and have in the past, recommended other vendors and tire shops in my posts for those looking for rock bottom prices or wanting to deal with a local business but the situation you describe seems to fit at least calling motorhometires.com and talking with them to see if they may be able to help you. What harm will it do?
I believe i called them and even though they were $300 more per tire indicated they would also need another $75.00 per tire for shipping since my location was east coast. Next week i am going to take some time to sort this out.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:48 AM   #13

I used motorhometires.com just this past summer to replace my six Goodyears with six Toyos. Very happy with MHT, the tires and the service. All six tires were within 6 months old. See my complete write up in the Owner's Forum > THOR Industries > Palazzo

Tags
buying, tire, tires