Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #29

Maybe a dumb question, something I specialize in. If you're not pulling the toad does the display ask you about it once or anoy you with constant "hey, where's the TOAD"?
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Question, say you have to dolly your toad. I know you would put a TPMS on the dolly tires and the read toad tires but is there any reason to put a TPMS on the front tires of the toad?

The only reason I can think of is a leak where the tires get low enough to cause the wheel baskets to get loose but since they aren't on the road I wouldn't expect that to happen.
Being more concerned about what a tire might pick up while rolling down the road to cause the tire to go flat I would not run them on the front tires that are on the dolly.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Buying TPMS - What are top two to consider

Pressure settings may be different from the toad tires and the dolly tires you'll just need to come up with a parameter your happy with. That group of 4 tires will have their own parameters, however you will still have independent psi readings for each.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Maybe a dumb question, something I specialize in. If you're not pulling the toad does the display ask you about it once or anoy you with constant "hey, where's the TOAD"?
It does until you tell it, "Hey, we didn't bring the TOAD this time"! J/K, it is easy to turn off (and back on) the toad readings at the readout so this doesn't occur.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I ran a TST system for almost a year and had so many problems that I returned the unit. I have now run a Tire Traker system for several years and it has worked very well. I understand the Tire Minder is the same system as Tire Traker. As someone mentioned, Tire Tracker sometimes does not give me a new reading immediately on starting out if nothing has significantly changed. When I am not towing I see a "no signal" indication for those "missing" sensors, but no annoying alarms, etc. I like the smaller, lighter, replaceable battery sensors that Tire Traker has.
Blog at www.pjrider.com
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #34

Thanks John and Paul, (no Ringo and George?) I hoped that would be the case. I too like the Tire Tracker system and plan to buy it for my coach. I also like the lifetime guarantee!
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
FWIW I would not use a TPMS on any wheel without metal valve stems, flow through or otherwise, but especially flow through. That may be my own hyper-tendencies about tires and pressures, but I think adding anything to a rubber stem is a bad idea. Rotational forces can be very large, and having a tire shop fit metal stems is cheap insurance.

It does take my TST system a few minutes to initialize and "find" all the tires, but it always does and I like the display. Easy to read and understand from the driver's seat with just a glance.

I still say checking pressures with a quality, verified manual gauge is the best method, and then use your TPMS for monitoring changes not absolute pressures. It's the change that will bite you.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM   #36

Tiffin Owners Club
  1. I have been happy with my EEZTIRE systems.
  2. I do not have any experience with their customer service because the systems have been trouble-free
  3. I do not "double-check" with manual pressure gauges. If I wanted to do that I wouldn't spend ~$300 on a tire pressure system.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
With the Tireminder it will beep once an hour to say the trailer is not there. Just a beep and then it is quiet.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #38

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward3411 View Post
Eeztire, I have installed them on coaches, tt and 5th wheels. I returned a defective unit without any problems. Great customer service, they all work without the extender. I have only used the flow thru units.
I also have the EEZ and am very happy with the product and the service.
Mel
Old 12-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #39

Forest River Owners Club
I've only had this coach about a month. It came with the Pressure Pro. Out of 6 sensors, 4 were dead. Of the two that worked, one caused my tire to go from 98 lbs to 45 lbs in a day. I took the entire system off and will be using manual checks for the time being.

I contacted my local Pressure Pro dealer, and he said he only sells new, complete systems and will not perform the sensor exchange. These have batteries that are non-replaceable. New sensors are $50 each, but there's supposed to be a discount when you are replacing them. $500 to replace batteries (RV plus trailer or Toad) is pretty steep.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:21 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post

I contacted my local Pressure Pro dealer, and he said he only sells new, complete systems and will not perform the sensor exchange. These have batteries that are non-replaceable. New sensors are $50 each, but there's supposed to be a discount when you are replacing them. $500 to replace batteries (RV plus trailer or Toad) is pretty steep.
You can purchase a brand new 10 wheel Tire SafeGuard TPMS for $479 that comes with replaceable batteries and it works right out of the box with no need to call customer service unless you have a defective sensor.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #41

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
You can purchase a brand new 10 wheel Tire SafeGuard TPMS for $479 that comes with replaceable batteries and it works right out of the box with no need to call customer service unless you have a defective sensor.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Exactly. That's why I went ahead and took the Pressure Pro off my dash.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #42

We have been using EEZTire for about a year. No issues and it came with a extender which I put in the closet and tapped into the closet light for power. Display is large enough to read easily. Batteries are replaceable and should last about three years. Sections can be turned off when not towing.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote