Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
I'm going with EEZ. I'm hearing all good about it. I also see that on Amazon they have the highest customer review over tst & others -but I am buying direct from their website as the prices are much better direct.
Check out the sale prices on their website. Right now the EEZ TPMS with 10 sensors is $429 & with12 sensors is $499. Call & talk to them.
http://eezrvproduct.com/t/tire-pressure-and-temperature-monitoring-systems-tpms-3
We purchased the EEZRV TPMS two years ago. We went with the regular sensors as opposed to the flow thru. We had a problem initially with the monitor. I called up, they walked me through the setup, and concluded that the monitor was defective. They sent a new one out, I returned the old on in the same box with their pre-paid return postage sticker. Worked just fine. Fast forward 16 months. Off warranty now, the monitor started working only intermittently, I called up, we figured it was the power cord. They sent a new one, no charge, even though it was off warranty, quick shipping. The new cord didn't correct the problem. I ended up taking apart the monitor and found two broken solder joints on the receptacle where the power cord plugs in. Re soldered with a fine tip soldering iron. No problems since. I will probably replace all the sensor batteries this Spring just to be sure.

We have the TPMS and GPS wired to the same circuit, as part of the pre-flight, we turn on the rocker switch on the dash, wait a few minutes while we are buttoning up other stuff, my wife runs through all the tires on the TPMS while I do a visual walk around of the coach and toad, unplug, remove sewer hose etc. Then if all is well, off we go. We don't physically check the tire pressure at the tires anymore unless we are adding air, we just do it with the TPMS. Saves a lot of time and bending over!

I wouldn't have an RV again without TPMS on the coach and toad.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #72

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS32 View Post
I have the Tire Safeguard system. While this system has generally worked well, I don't know that I would buy it again.

The first problem was that my batteries died after about 2 years. The original sensors did not have replaceable batteries. The new sensors were pretty expensive, but that wasn't the worst part. The original sensors had threads made of a material which essentially bonded itself to the threads of the tire valve. I couldn't get them off and ended up having to dismount the tires and have the valves replaced. That was on my toad. I would have been livid if I had to do that with the large ones on my RV. The new version sensors have brass threads. No discount from the factory on the replacements.

The batteries in my new sensors are replaceable. However, the seal leaked on at least one, resulting in internal corrosion.

Also, be careful with sensors if you have used sand or beads inside your tires for balancing. These will probably cause problems.

Sounds like this is a old model and sensors based on your explanation. This may not be a good evaluation being a person wouldn't be buying that model.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #73

Commercial Member

I suggest you look at features, support and warranty. There are low cost systems out there but IMO there are also some sellers who may be just importing a system and working out of rented warehouse who have never been in an RV.

I have a few posts on TPMS on my blog

Full disclosure. I bought TPMS for my RV before I started writing the blog for RVTravel. RVTravel is the Co that handles all advertising. I get no commission from any advertiser and have no say in who RVTravel selects as an advertiser.
I am just a retired tire engineer who writes the blog in an effort to spread fact based information. Do not work for any advertiser and am not paid by RVTravel.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #74

Most people like to recommend the one they decided to buy and use. I have used both Pressure Pro and TST. Neither one worked even close to as well as the ones on my last few cars. My Jeep built in system is really reliable, Neither the Pressure Pro or TST in my experience were nearly as good.

To get something as good as a car based system you will need sensors inside the tires. There are a couple makers, but the cost of having all your tires removed to install is a lot. I like the user panel of the Pressure Pro better than the TST. And actually I like the Pressure Pro sensors better too. I still use the Pressure Pro, but sometimes have to fiddle with it to get it to work right.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
X2 on the EEZ unit. Mine has been flawless and picked up a dolly tire failure immediately. I did a lot of research before buying this brand, and would buy it again. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 01-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #76

My thanks to all of the contributors on this forum! The info was a great help. I just ordered the EEZ from their website. Great sale prices, too!