Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Cabin Light Lens Replacement

I inherited a 2007 Coachman Pathfinder and I'm missing a few light covers for the cabin lights. Where would be a good place to find replacement. I've been to a local dealership, they had some but not the correct fit/size. I appreciate any input
prestonjr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Amazon!!!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum!

When you say light covers for "cabin lights," what fixtures are you referring to? Can you take a quick photo of the fixture and post it along with maybe other information such as the manufacturer and the part number of the fixture itself?
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #4

Cabin Light Lens Replacement

Thanks for the welcome, we look forward to learning a lot from this forums. I tried Amazon, no luck. I've attached pictures of the lights and model numbers. Two different sizes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_092501.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	255659   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_092505.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	255660  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_092514.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	255661   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190803_092528.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	255662  

Old 08-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #5

So far, I'm kind of thinking it could possibly be THIS ONE but I'm doing more research to see if I can narrow it down further. If I do, I'll post again.

The one in the link says it's to a 16w fixture but has no manufacturer listed.

If an exact fit lens cover can't be found, you may want to consider replacing the fixtures completely with LED fixtures.

eta: No, I'm thinking that the one in the link above is for a "Thin-Lite" brand fixture (a common and popular OEM brand used in RVs) and not a "Direct Source Lighting" fixture. The search goes on.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #6

Well, doing a bit of research and going through my files, it appears (I can't confirm for absolutely sure, however) that Direct Sourcing Alliance LLC went out of business over a decade ago.

If this is so, you probably will not find a brand new direct replacement lens/cover for your fixture. You may be able to find a used one in a salvage yard or a used RV parts store somewhere or could even find a pre-owned entire fixture on ebay or similar site.

My suggestion is to bite the bullet and spend the money to replace both fixtures with new LED replacements. LEDs as you know are much more efficient and are suited for RV use where conservation of electricity is important at times.

The most logical replacement brand would be Thin-Lite. They are a big company (as opposed to Direct Sourcing Alliance that was a very small operation) and have lots of options to choose from.

A possible replacement might be the highly-rated LED ceiling mount fixtures from Thin-Lite. They are sold at numerous vendors, are OEM for some RV manufacturers, and parts like the diffuser covers should be readily available should you need them again.

Here's one of equivalent watts through Amazon --HERE, or one of a little less watts HERE
Old 08-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Comment on LED conversions - I installed one of the LED replacement tubes in a bedroom light. It is brighter than both of the old fluorescent tubes combined. I turned off the second ceiling fixture and now use just this one tube to light the entire room...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:56 AM   #8

Smile

Thanks for the help from everyone. I think an update is needed anyway, I'll bit the bullet and get those bad boys updated.

Tags
ace, light, replace, replacement