Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #1

California RV show in Pomona

Did anyone go to the RV show in Pomona? I went today hoping that the vendor tent would have many vendors and that I would be able to see some of the latest and greatest RV parts and accessories. Boy was I disappointed. I could have my back checked, I could buy Cutco knives, I could buy face and hand cream but what I didn't see much of was RV stuff. I looked at a lot of RV's but IMHO I like my 05 Panther better than all of them. Oh well, maybe next year...
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
don't forget about the discount cards they were handing out for SEARS!! What a joke the vendor tent was, huge disappointment!!

Where was all the RV stuff?

I agree, maybe next year.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My exact thoughts...it looked like the RV tent in Quartzite only smaller.

I was impressed though with the number and variety of RV's on display.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #4

The Big Tent in Q-Site has been getting more like that in the past several years. About 80% of the entire tent is non RV related stuff. But, we'll go again in January.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #5

That was my first RV show. I am in the market to purchase soon maybe when I find the one (not in a rush). Is that normal for a RV show?//
Karlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The vendor tent and the seminars were lacking but the number and variety of RV's were not to be missed. We went last Saturday and did walk thru the vendor tent but not much there. We had a mission when we went and that was to look at as many DP's as possible in the size(s) we want. For Thom and I it was worth the price of parking and the buy one get one in free tickets we had.

The small number of vendors we were interested in were Blue Ox (Thom had some questions for them), Cutco (I have some and need some sharpened), other than that we got some info for some other stuff.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #7

Throughout the years this show has been getting smaller and smaller. The tent was a total waste. The only improvement to the fair was the well designed entrance with its cutesy campsites. Of course the whole idea of the show is to see the many new RVs on the market. Since consolidation in the industry has greatly reduced the number of manufacturers it is really not the shows fault that there are fewer displays. Noticeably absent were the specialty custom RVs of the past. What was lacking in items was made up for by the abundance of salespeople, many from across the United States. Every year we say it will be our last time at the show, yet every year we keep going back. It's nice to see some of the new ideas, and to realize that what we have fits our needs just fine...for now.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #8

If your really want to see the new after market items in the Big Tent, consider attending the FMCA Rallies. Indio is coming up in January, you can get a day pass.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
If your really want to see the new after market items in the Big Tent, consider attending the FMCA Rallies. Indio is coming up in January, you can get a day pass.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #10

I will try and go to the FMCA show. I agree that there were many rv's to look at and if I had been in the market for a new one then my thoughts would be different. I feel sorry for the people that now have to take all of those back to the stores in LA traffic........
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california