RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Calling All Coachworks Siena Owners

Where are you???? Lets talk!!!!
Ran4tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Just purchased a 2009 Coachworks Siena 35V. Looking for other owners to chat with modifications they have made.
DiverBob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:16 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What type of modifications are you interested in?
Old 08-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coachworks

We have a 39A Siena .... pulled out the jacknife couch, dinette and chair & table (behind the passenger seat). Installed a electric fireplace, two recliners., table n chair, replaced both tv's and added ceiling fans.
Be careful of the electric wall plugs!! Replaced with thin wall residential design for better connection.... Originals will get hot because of poor design.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #5

We bought our 35v in Feb 2016. Have full timed since then mostly on the west coast. One of the last Workhorse chassis and titled as a 2010.

We love our Siena and feel it is extremely well built (solid walls, residential kitchen and plumbing). We did remove the carpeting in the living room and replaced with LVT flooring.

Have had a few repairs...awning fabric and motor, gen fuel pump, and did have the Intellitec electric management short out October 2017. Have searched out owners but has been difficult as there were only 185 coaches built.

Would love to create an email list or text group where we could ask questions, etc...

We bought a place in Yuma AZ early this year and will be spending 7 months a year there but will not sell our Siena. Currently have 35,000 miles.

All the best,
William Bonsell
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:48 PM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for the responses guys. You have reinforced our decision on purchasing our Siena.
We will be replacing the carpet, valances, shades, and dinette cushions to start. ��

Look forward to picking your brains and sharing my experiences. I did find a website called recpro.com thats has loads of RV refurbishment parts.

Bob Eschbach
DiverBob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bought ours 2014 went fulltime right away. Both born raised Central coast calif. 5 yrs camphost Monterey County n northern central valley.. north of oakdale. Convinced my mother-in-law to join us in 2017 so bought a sierra 40 and we all bailed out of calif. To ozarks rv resort in oct. Of 2019. Loving every minute.... Now trying to get kids and grandkids out of ca.
Great idea about posts... There has been a few attempts in the past but minimal results. Hopefully, this time it will grow!!
Old 08-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #8

We contacted CT Coachworks in 2017. To my knowledge they are still in business building buses. Bought all of the oval shaped LED lights from Wendy as the GloBrites are no longer available. One of the things we love about our 35V is the incredible storage space. Door bins by the way are almost identical to some Fleetwood MH’s. Our dash is like no other coach I have seen. And very few have big matching night stands even with a king bed. I have had over 5 windows fog (blame it on the rough CA highways).

One thing I’ve had trouble with is finding the hydraulic reservoir for the HWH leveling system. Can anyone help with that?

I did have Braziels in Centrailia Wa install plugs, wires and chip for enhanced performance. Can’t totally say I feel the power improvement. But overall zero mechanical issues.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We also have window fog not sure how to fix ... will need professional help.
Replacing topper on 14ft.slideout today due to age.
Coach has only 6200 miles on it after bringing it to Arkansas. Mechanically sound!!!! Just gotta catch-up on little stuff, had new seals put in the slideout have to redo one corner. Passenger windshield cracked from the relocation move. We we're told at the end of 2019 that Wendy at Coachworks retired (she was a great help).
Gal taking her place acts like motorhome inquiry is a bother .....hoping to replace windshield soon.
NOTE: Only deal with Coachworks on windshield.
Past experience EVERYBODY else gets it wrong!!! Their conclusion is the measurements can't be correct so we will send you what WE THINK you need.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:58 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The draperies were the first to go! The the window shades ( faded due to age) installed regular pull down shades ... .not the greatest idea.
Let me know if you find a better one also what are you replacing your carpet with?
Beware all wall attachments are riveted in and will leave a 1/2 " hole!!
I'm also in the process of putting in a wainscoat in the slideout (to cover the holes) it really set off the recliners and fireplace!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #11

We installed new valences as the winery motif did not fit our beach decor. And I would highly recommend LVT (Luxury vinyl tile) flooring as a replacement for the carpeting. We did retain carpeting in BRM, Dining area and captain chairs area. Have also replaced our front TV with a 4K Visio 43”. Best upgrade was a roof mounted Dish Winegard satellite antenna. And on another note we run 90psi all around on our Toyo 245x75x22.5 tires.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #12

Florida Cooters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Trip Wizard
I found a nice little floor plan image for the Siena 35V model. It's helping us plan interior modifications.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coachworks

Good for you.... Lotta work but you'll have a great time. Open pray you find all the items your looking for.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours is located behind the electric steps ..... 39a siena