Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I've never used CW for repairs but I've heard a LOT of horror stories about their repair service!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #16

We have two CWs close by and bought our new to us coach from one and their service was terrible and refuse to use them. The other I only use if I have to although they have serviced our generator twice with good results if you don't take the wait time into consideration.
Jkmcnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
cw

had a awning done in Fayetteville n.c they replaced slideout awning remove part of metal wrap around on our way to the beach had broken leg so we let them repace it as DW & I stood out side for 3 hours in 90 degree heat and watched them take it apart. when they told us it was ready they had the slide in we departed to CG. A week later when we went to leave, pulled slideout back in awning falled to roll up and got between slideout on the top and caused the slideout on one side to be out of line about 1 inch had to open slide half way and hold the awning up with my crutches so it would not fall an lodge in the slide Drove back to CW they said to live it an pick it up in a day or so Which we said no way Wanted it fix today they worked on it the said they never remove the piece of metal wrap an the problem was the brackets were installed up side down and they could fix it for 150.00 have all doc's and paper work from newmar including installation for awning lord an behold the brackets are installed correctly What a scam messed it up removed part of the metal wrap and try to take advantage of someone with a broken leg and then blame the installation of the brackets that was done by the manufactures our appointment was 1:00 did not start work till after 4 never never will we let them touch our baby again
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Different CW's will give you different experiences. They are no different than all other repair facilities. They are run by a GM and it depends if he/she knows what's going on. If you have a good experience then let us know. If you have a bad experience do the same. I wouldn't put all CW's all into the same basket just as I wouldn't put all independent facilities into the same basket.

TeJay
Old 09-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #19

Nor'easters Club
I would agree with TeJay and others...depends on that specific CW. last January while at Gaffney FReightliner, we had no hot water. Momma not happy , as we were on our 3rd day ! Went to Spartanburg SC CW, took us right in the next morning, determine the problem, but did not have the part. They searched each CW on our route to Fl, found part in Jacksonville fl...we arrived 1/2 hr after they closed, the service writer waited for us, opened their yard gate,plugged us in, said goodnight ...wow. Next morning first thing they had us fixed, on our way by 11AM, ! We honestly felt each store cared about us! Yes,I let Corporate know too!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I totally agree the other postings which suggested that one bad experience at a particular CW should not indict all. We purchased out Challenger MH from CW in Indianapolis, IN. It was a less than positive experience with lost paperwork, etc., but I know of other CW customers who really enjoyed their experience, and use them (CW) for much of their service work. It really depends on who is "running the show", in my opinion.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a very positive experiences with CW service. As others have said, it varies with the CW.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
When I first spoke to our local CW GM he said that they had around 100 locations and were hoping to have 125 by the end of 2013.

Here's what I'm thinking. Maybe, just maybe we are seeing the beginnings of the Wally-World of the camping community.

Do you suppose that we (iRVs.com) as one of the larger perhaps more influential families (groups) out there can have a positive effect on these facilities that we may have to encounter from time to time. Since we all travel, and I know in our travels we pass 3-6 CW's every time we leave home it might be in our best interest to communicate both the bad and the good experiences that we have at these facilities. Since it does depend on who and how the GM is running things maybe CW headquarters would like to know what is really happening around their 100 plus locations around the country.

I come from a technical background and I realize that there are some repairs or services that maybe can't be handled by a place like CW. Very few places can do it all. On the other hand CW is geared towards the selling of camping stuff and performing some major and minor services to keep us moving down the road. What influence can we have and what input can we give to facilitate with this task.

Here's just one situation that we might encounter. Lets say that you are stuck in your travels with a tire that is worn beyond what is safe. Just replacing the tires will only solve half of the problem. Maybe something caused the tire wear and you don't want to put $700 worth of tires on your coach and head home with the potential of wearing it again so what do you do? If you were stuck in MY TOWN and if the local CW didn't have the facilities to address your tire wear problem but they new of a facility that could then you'd have the best of both worlds. You can easily find a CW and they referred you to a facility that can address your tire wear concerns.

If you were stuck in MY TOWN at the local CW I know of a really good alignment place that could solve your alignment issues (very reasonably priced) and a Goodyear Fleet store that has the GY RV tires in stock. Most people passing through here would not have a clue of either of these repair facilities. A local CW store that cared about your travels and wanted to help could have this information available.

I think you get my drift. I'm not trying to pad the local CW profits but just suggesting that local information regarding good repair facilities could be available if one knew who to ask.

JMHO

TeJay
Old 09-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Phoenix area service

Not sure where you are in the Valley but RV Master Techs in Goodyear is a first class outfit and knows what they are doing. You will not be disappointed.

Tom
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Is La Mesa RV any better than CW? A new La Mesa just opened a couple miles from me; right across from HD and Lowe's.
Never heard of La Mesa. Are they national or regional?

About CW service? I have heard very little good about it. But, are they not form the same pool all the other rv techs (mechanics) come from that every other rv service center picks from? Garbage in, garbage out.

The only trustworthy service I have ever found has been at the factory service center. In my case that is Winnebago in Forest City, IA. It's a pain getting there but I only go once for the problem to be resolved.

Even CW store prices seem to be high, Good Sam member or not.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #25

We have used La Mesa in Sanford FL several times. We love them and will continue to trust them with our coach. There are several La Mesa's across the country.

Case in point: We took our coach for a repair. They gave us an estimate and we agreed to the terms. When we went to pick it up the bill was larger than the estimate. The estimate had been incorrectly added but they would not take a penny more.
campingcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #26

RV Service reviews.com is a good source for info.
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
You're posting in the wrong forum. If you go over to RV.NET and post in the "Ask Marcus" section, you will be contacted very quickly by a GS/CW rep who will in turn take very good care of you.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #28

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe "Marcus" should spend some time browsing this site!!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote