Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Can I add-on AGS?

We are looking at purchasing a new to us 2013 Tiffin 35QBA.
It has a 7000 watt Onan? Generator. My question is can we add an auto start generator system that starts both for voltage drop and temperature levels. If so, what brand/model is recommended?

Thanks so much!
Randy
RROLDSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #2

sure you can... though are you sure you're new rig doesn't already have it?

If it has a Magnum ME-RC control panel, with a Magnum Inverter, you can add the AGS module and run a 'temp' line sensor for the temperature control, on maybe even interface with one of the Thermostats, and also the sensor for the battery voltage.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks MisterT! I’ll check into it.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #4

looks like you're unit was standard with a 5.5kw generator, but they opted for the 7kw, maybe due to a second AC unit? I can't imagine a 7kw generator not coming with an AGS already included, but stranger things happen....

the AGS feature is just simply something that I would not be able to do without, at least not when overnighting outside of rv parks and campgrounds, and sometimes even just because you have something to 'automatically' monitor the House batteries for re-charging, and something to automatically give you Air Conditioning, either when away from the coach, or WHILE driving.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I just read the TiffinAllegro manual and there was no mention of an AGS. I guess I’ll have to add one.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #6
RV LIFE Support Team

Have you called Tiffin to check? I an't believe it came without AGS. Check your Magnum manual also.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It has the starter switch on the dash console. From what I’ve read it cannot be added without major modifications to the m/h wiring so it not a recommended “DoItYourselfer” install. I’ve seen the unit with remote starting capabilities on YouTube but it doesn’t say that it will work based on the temperature inside the motorhome.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I tried on my '02 DSDP. Got a controller and had to run three small signal wires from the inverter to the generator, even then I never got it to work. Turned out the inverter didn't include the correct internals.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1727.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	196679
Old 03-25-2018, 09:57 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I did find out this unit will monitor internal motorhome temperatures. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on it?
Old 03-25-2018, 10:59 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
OK, now I see this unit has been covered here before and is no longer for sale. Any other alternative solutions would be welcome.

Randy