Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
When I hear "minimalism" I think stark, austere design popular with the New York too-fabulous-for-you crowd, the kind of place I walk into and then run out screaming, and you know costs a fortune. So I saw this thread and thought, what in the world?

Ok you folks have a different definition of the word.

By my definition, yes you can be but it will cost you a ton of money in a custom Prevost or similar. But I guess that's not what you're asking.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2016, 12:52 PM   #30

OP Here, not worried or looking for advice, just thinking out loud on a public forum. Lol

A decision was made last summer, by me and the wife, to move from a travel trailer into something else. My vision was a class B -- for covering more miles -- being comfortable wherever we went and sleeping at a hotel or resort. The wife wanted nothing to do with a camper that had no large storage bays as she wants to camp at campgrounds. The crossover class A was the answer, and we have very much enjoyed a couple of trips.

This is where minimalist thinking begins for me: most campsites have a picnic table, yet we also have an "extra" outdoor table. Most campsites have a bbq grill / fire pit, yet we also have a SS grill, tabletop combo grill, smoker, propane fire pit, along with a stove in the rv. Most campsites have chairs at the picnic table, yet we also have enough extra outdoor chairs, cushions and little end tables for a large gathering. Gadgets and gizmos for anything and everything cooking or being outdoors clutter the rear trunk storage to about 1/4 full.

So, all that stuff is just a sampling of what's in the outside storage.

Maybe the question is; am I right or is she wrong? Baahaahaa
Old 12-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What's a "crossover Class A"?

IMHO, the Flair 26e (in your signature) is a small but standard Class A.
http://fleetwoodrv.com/2016-fleetwood-flair

About the last question..."Happy Wife, Happy Life" is a common slogan that has much merit.

I say; "want what you have, instead of wanting what you don't have"

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a