Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2022, 05:29 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Canadians traveling in the US

Hey all,
We are heading to Moab, UT in May for our first trip south of the border in our Phaeton.

I’m wondering what fellow Canadians do for fuel stops in the US. In Canada I use an Esso Cardlock card to access and pay for fuel at truck stops up here. However, I don’t see a lot of their affiliate stations (TA, Petro and TA Express) on the highways.

What are others using?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2022, 05:33 PM   #2

We used to use flying J and Loves. Good travel centres. Convenient in and out.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:37 PM   #3

For Diesel we use TSD Logistics. They have an app for your phone also to find the best (discounted) prices using their program. Also, you can use the TSD Card at most any truck stops that have the commercial fueling pumps.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

This piggy backs off the truckers fuel card so you benefit from the bulk buying discounts.

There are also Flying J and Loves discount programs (TSD gets discounts at Loves also). I believe the Flying J is somehow linked to Good Sams/Camping World.

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #4

I use Flying J - Pilot travel centers. They have a RV card which saves some money and many have spearate RV fueling lanes
Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:38 PM   #5

We use Gas Buddy and then Google street view to locate least expensive but accessible stations and plan fuel purchases. Don't really have a preference for brand.

To pay we use a US credit card.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:39 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Use a credit card!

I go into the station first, and tell them how much I want to pump.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:50 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
We traveled from Kitchener, Ontario at the end of February this year. I used the Good Sam Pilot Flying J card. For gas we get a 5 cent per gal discount. I think diesel is 8 cents. The card is free, no yearly fee. But it is a charge card which means you have to pay it off monthly.
RPerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:58 PM   #8

We use any and all brand type stations for the most part that look like we will fit into and close to when we need to fill up (when at 1/3rd tank usually). Use our Bank of America Debit Card if we've plenty of money in the account (LOL). If not we use our TD Bank First Class Travel Visa and pay at the pump using zeros for our post code letters or go inside if an issue and pay what we think we'll need, or often they'll just turn the pump on.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:58 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjames50 View Post
For Diesel we use TSD Logistics. They have an app for your phone also to find the best (discounted) prices using their program. Also, you can use the TSD Card at most any truck stops that have the commercial fueling pumps.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/

This piggy backs off the truckers fuel card so you benefit from the bulk buying discounts.

There are also Flying J and Loves discount programs (TSD gets discounts at Loves also). I believe the Flying J is somehow linked to Good Sams/Camping World.

Good luck!
Canadians will need a US checking account for ACH transactions in order to use the TSD/Open Roads program.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel