Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It just accents the fact that you are not truly safe anywhere at any given time. As already mentioned at least you survived it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #30

This is terrible. I'm glad you are fine but so sorry about your coach and the total inconvenience of the whole thing. Drunk drivers should be treated like anyone committing a crime carrying a weapon. If he had hit the back he could have killed you. A vehicle is a killer when controlled by a drunk. We had a family member killed by a drunk driver so I have no sympathies for their illness when they drive.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Agreed treat the like the felons they are. When they have their wreck it's not an accident, they made the decision to drive when they knew they shouldn't. The consequences of that decision can hardly be called an accident.

My own family knows if they call for ride because they've been drinking I will gladly pick them up, but if they call after they've been arrested or had a wreck, don't bother to call me as I won't be coming. Once they make the decision to drive they need to deal with all the consequences on their own. No sympathy for idiots.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank God you were not hurt
zip0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hopefully your insurance will get you up and running again as fast as possible.

Now the good news: You were parked, off the road, sounds like you were on private property, jacks down etc... That means NO FAULT does not apply.. Mr, Drunk (or his insurance) gets to pay the full cost of the repair. No deductable.

And if the kid (or his parents if he still lives at home) is among the HAVES may I recommend you call up Dewy, Cheatum & Howe (ok, so that is a fictional law firm, Thank you Misters Howard, Fine and Howard) and talk to him about reckless endangerment (I mean that drunk could have killed you). Take him for every penny you can.

(I believe in showing drunk drivers absolutly NO mercy).

As O.J. Taught us.. Criminal court (Drunk driving) and Civil Court (Reckless endangerment) is not double jepordy.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #34

Coach smashed

So sorry for your nightmare. Glad to hear you and your pets are okay. I have no mercy on drunk drivers. A friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver and was eight months pregnant. So he killed two people. Good always comes out of bad situations. Praying your insurance co. gives you favor.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #35

So, so, sorry for your situation! Please keep us informed how things turn out...
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
That's a real lousy way to start a day. I'm very happy you were not injured and I hope repairs to your RV are timely and correctly done.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
SO SORRY this happened to you but happy to hear that neither of you were injured. Every dog has his day or Karma is a bitch - either way, he's got it coming eventually. I hope your repairs happen quickly and you're back to enjoying a stress-free lifestyle!

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Also glad to hear you are OK, but as I said, you might not have been. .

Personally, though from your point of view, this was indeed an accident, I don't consider it as such, I think the jerk drove drunk on purpose.

Thus it is an assult and battery (Even if only your house was battered).

And I say aging, You should sue the devil out of him, (Enough that the only beer he can afford to buy is "Dad's Old Fashion" or A&W) for like the next hundred years.

(For those who don't recognize the brands... Root Beer)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
We are so happy that you are physically ok. Hopefully, you'll be able to fully recover from your loss. At this point you are probably out of your home. For just that reason I would want to keep every single receipt whether it's for meals, housing, clothing or whatever. We wish you well and hope you get back on the road soon and intact.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #40

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Zbugsii,
May I add my condolences to those of others on your major loss, disruption, inconvenience and aggravation ...all at the hands of a stupid selfish drunken jerk suffering from arrested development. Sue the livin' He-doublehockeysticks out of the lil' imp.
Here's hoping you guys have a speedy recovery from this mess.
Safe travels (and Parking!),
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #41
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Amazing! I too am glad you are all OK. Nothing can fix the next several months that this will inconvenience your lives. The only bright side is that he didn't run into a pedestrian or another car and kill someone. He wont get it and probably blames everyone else but himself. He has no comprehension how lucky he is or how he has effected the lives of two innocent people.

God has a plan and there is a purpose. Look for the silver lining. It may not be readily apparent but some good will come.

Good luck and hopefully a speedy resolution.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #42

Agree with other post , consult lawyers , you will have a lot of uninsured costs , rental home whilst rig is repaired , travel to and from repair facility , medical checks for you and pets , etc etc
Keep every receipt from this moment on for phone calls, gas , meals , laundry , anything , and let lawyer fight it out . Similar thing happened to my parents and I hired best lawyer I could find and he nailed the irresponsible sob and his insurance company and won his costs .
Good luck and pleased you and family are safe
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote