Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2022, 08:36 AM   #1

Can't Find Windshield Replacement-HELP!

We have a 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3961 that has a 2 piece windshield. The one side was broken when a ladder fell on it. The other side was cracked a few years ago and we got it replaced with no trouble. However, now the company that got the replacement before (Duncan Systems-South Bend, IN) can't get one. My local Newmar dealer is sending emails and calling all over to find a replacement. Even checked scrap yards. So far no luck. We only have 40K miles on the coach and it's otherwise in perfect condition. But it's not usable as is. Anybody have suggestions?
candostill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #2

Windshield

I know this is far away, Ft. Pierce, Fl. but they may be able to help. Mike's Auto Glass 239-590-3928.
olly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
FMCA is associated with a nationwide windshield company. You might want to check with them!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #4

I know this sounds basic, but have you called Newmar and see what they say about a supplier.
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:29 PM   #5

Insurance. Total it and buy new. Lol.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by candostill View Post
We have a 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3961 that has a 2 piece windshield. The one side was broken when a ladder fell on it. The other side was cracked a few years ago and we got it replaced with no trouble. However, now the company that got the replacement before (Duncan Systems-South Bend, IN) can't get one. My local Newmar dealer is sending emails and calling all over to find a replacement. Even checked scrap yards. So far no luck. We only have 40K miles on the coach and it's otherwise in perfect condition. But it's not usable as is. Anybody have suggestions?
Look at your existing windshield from the outside. At the center of the two pieces is the manufacturer along with a series of numbers, these are the numbers for each piece. Left window numbers are different than the right window numbers. Don't get them confused with each other. They are probably Duncan windows. There are other manufacturers today. Google the Duncan numbers for cross reference then locate local installer. I know as I have done this 3 times.

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #7
Decrepit Forum Advocate

You might try contacting Custom Glass Solutions headquartered in Worthington Ohio. Somebody told me that they are the OEM windshield provider for many of the motorhome manufacturers.

Custom Glass Solutions - (855) 782-5246

And I once knew a guy who was doing a conversion himself and had them make a custom windshield for an old bus.

They may be the company that was mentioned in a previous post that has an association with FMCA as evidenced by what's on the lower right corner of this page:

Custom Glass Solutions - Broken RV Windshield and Side Glass Repair and Replacement Services!
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:46 AM   #8

I agree with @Granite17. Call Newmar. Does your insurance have free windshield coverage?
I needed new windshields for our coach plus I wanted some slide work done so I asked for a quote, received one, made an appt with the Newmar Service Center. I arrived and found out there were no windshields anywhere. Newmar ordered them to be made and it took 6 weeks for them to be made. I left the coach there, inside the Svc Ctr and came back to pick it up 7 weeks later. The windshields plus gasket, plus labor was $4k, covered by insurance. No charge to me.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Try contacting your insurance company. They deal with replacing windshields all the time and will have vendors maybe.
My friend is a retired mechanical engineer and designed some of the machines that built RV windshields. He said unfortunately, many are now made in China, so that would make it harder.
Also, how about calling Newmar?
Old 01-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Duncan Glass ship nation wide
https://www.rvglass.com/
Old 01-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #11

This is who I used for my 2001 Fleetwood Flair.

https://rvglassexperts.com

They had the glass within the week and scheduled a mobile installer to come to my home.
Fyrflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:38 PM   #12

Our 04 holiday rambler split windshield is being replaced by Safelite,
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:46 PM   #13

[QUOTE=HR2004;6038819]Our 04 holiday rambler split windshield is being replaced by Safelite,[/Q

Wondering how much?
chuckpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 01:08 PM   #14

I am having the exact same problem with my 06 MA (gas model). Pleas advise if you found a solution.
Mrdoit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, wind, windshield