Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #1

Capt chair measurement ?

Good morning gang.
Would you do me a favor please.
On your driver and passenger seats, what is the distance center to center, of your floor mount base? Both should be the same I would think.
Mine are 7" X 7"
It seems there may be some that are 8" X 8".
Talking to the people I am buying new seats from it appears, I say appears because at times I'm not sure we are on the same page, if you order a base with power, those bolt patterns are different than if you bought a floor mount base without power. Strange to me.
I thank you for your time and effort.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 12:31 PM   #2

32 views and no one has a tape measure.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #3

Larry-

I don't understand which measurement you want to know.

Here is a link to Flexsteel bases. On that Web page are links to the floor bolt pattern for the base (here and here) of 4.5" W x 7-3/8" L. The top bolt pattern is 8" W x 11" L (link here). The W is the width (side-to-side) and the L is the length (fore and aft) of the bases with the seats mounted and facing forward.

These measurements match those on the Flexsteel chairs on our 2008 HR Admiral 30PDD.

By the way, it is impossible for me to pivot the driver chair around to face the cabin. If you can do it, let me know.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #4

Hi Mark. Thanks for replying. I am talking about the bolts that go through the floor. I will check your links.
Yes. I can swivel my drivers seat all the way around. You may have to slide the seat forward and back as you turn the seat, and maybe tilt the steering wheel. I have 6 way power seat for the driver. It's manual for swivel though. I imagine most all seats are. Would take a lot of extra STUFF to make the swivel power IMO.

EDIT:. I just checked your links , HERE and HERE. Yep that looks like the ones I am talking about. I would think the wider the better for stability. Again, through the floor, mine are 7" X 7"

EDIT EDIT: That 8 X 11 measurement seems to be pretty much standard, mine is that also. I am trying to get away from having to drill holes in the floor. I may just improvise with straps, flat bar. I see your pattern is the 7-3/8 by 4.5 for the floor mount you said. I don't know why they don't standardize these things, UGH! Thank you Mark.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #5

Well finally I found a place to get what I need. I sent an email off to Norco Industries. They have subdivisions under them one being a part manufacturer of RV seat parts etc.
I get an email back today with a pdf schematic of exactly what I need. A 5.5 inch swivel base pedestal with 7 X 7 inch floor bolt pattern.
WHAMO!! YES, that's what I need. I called them and ordered two, $50.70 each. All the sites I went to wanted about $150 each, but NO 7 X 7 floor bolt pattern. I can't believe as many places as I looked at and they didn't have what I needed. I thought maybe mine was thrown together with extra parts or something but today I was at the dealer I bought the MH from and they had a Holiday Rambler there, not too old and I asked the guy to measure for me. Sure enough it was also a 7 X 7 pattern. So they are out there. My next step was to call REV. After that and a no go, I was going to a fabricator and have them build me an adapter plate.
So now I am a VERY Happy Camper. What does the A-Team guy say.
Thank you.
Mark. Did you manage to get your driver seat to turn 180 for you?? I would think it would.
Ok, take care.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge68474 View Post
Mark. Did you manage to get your driver seat to turn 180 for you?? I would think it would.
I have tried every conceivable combination of driver's seat and steering wheel movements, without success.

The clearance problem occurs between the bottom of the steering wheel and the seat back.

There is a work-around. I can remove the seat from the pedestal (8 x 11 pattern, four bolts), rotate seat and pedestal separately, and bolt the seat back down. I do this if the coach is going to be stationary for a while.

It's interesting that our two coaches, only a year and sub-model different, have different pedestals. I forget- Is yours on a Ford or Workhorse chassis?

I did look under the coach to see if I could get at the bolts holding the pedestal to the floor, and concluded there was no way I wanted to try it unless I absolutely had to do so. Two of the four bolts are difficult to reach from below.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #7

Mine is a Ford Mark.
Like you, I do NOT want to go under and remove/replace floor bolts to the seat. I loosened one of the nuts to see if the bolt would move or not ( floor bolt ), and it did NOT move, good deal, so I just tightened the nut back up.
Removing the seat itself is pretty simple, 4 nuts and that's it plus the swivel cable which slips in between the seat and riser. Riser, I think that's what they call it, attached to the pedestal. Pretty easy. Sounds like yours is the same in that regard.
I am becoming a professional at Class A Captain chairs, LOL.
I assume then Mark, that your passenger seat WILL swivel.
OH!! Pretty simple thing and we have all done or not done things, but, did you recline your seat BACK or Forward? Thinking here as I speak, swiveling the seat, the seat back is hitting the steering wheel, recline the seat back FORWARD, would that not give you room to continue swiveling? Thinking out loud. Let me know. TTYL. Take care.

Tags
air