Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #1

Captain's chair covers?

I'm thinking that it's just a matter of time until I sit in the driver's seat with grease or oil or mud or who knows what on my shorts. Can anyone recommend a place to look for seat covers for Flex Steel captain's chairs?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
There was this post recently;

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f256/new-...er-432479.html
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #3

I have this thing about seat covers and chair covers even in my brick and mortar . WHY DO IT in the first place is my position. We buy a new chair or Vehicle and we cover the beautiful covering, to me it doesn't make sense to put a crappy cover over it. Why protect something nice you never see.
Are you thinking about the next owner when you take the cover off so it improves the resale value. ENJOY what you bought !

CLIFFORD
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #4

I'm for use the factory seats, when they show lots of wear have them recovered.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #5

I wasn't thinking a full-blown seat cover. Maybe a "throw" is a better word? I just don't want to be out and about, have a blob of grease, mud, whatever, on the seat of my pants and leave it on the nice, light gray upholstery.

Plus, I was thinking a splash of color wouldn't hurt. LOL
Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentc2 View Post
I'm thinking that it's just a matter of time until I sit in the driver's seat with grease or oil or mud or who knows what on my shorts. Can anyone recommend a place to look for seat covers for Flex Steel captain's chairs?

I worked construction
Had a decent truck (leather seats)
Made a towel seat cover
Once a week took off through in wash machine and dryer
Reason was if I were to go out with nice clothes i still had fairly clean seats (also cooler in summer)
gramps66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
I wasn't thinking a full-blown seat cover. Maybe a "throw" is a better word? I just don't want to be out and about, have a blob of grease, mud, whatever, on the seat of my pants and leave it on the nice, light gray upholstery.

Plus, I was thinking a splash of color wouldn't hurt. LOL
Allentc2,
Your thought process is not bad. I too have this thing for protecting the niceness of our coaches captains chairs. But, I like the nice factory covers too. So, the ingenious wife, headed out to a place and purchased some cheap covers, very simalar to the ones shown in the link. If you look at those, all she did was flip them upside down and sew the arms together so the joint would be on the back side of the chair. It works slick. I too am one of those that may be working on something or, sat down on a dirty bench some place and without knowing it, I would pick up something ugly and transfer it to the nice seats in the coach.

So, something like this is kinda cool. I'm also linking a picture of how ours look. It's not a great picture but you get the point.
Scott

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HPZ57YN..._AwiGCbJ4FDYGW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	237107  
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:07 AM   #8

Scott-

Cute dog. Now, tell me you and the Mrs. did not pick him to match the upholstery, carpet and valances. Or, was it the other way 'round? ;-)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:26 AM   #9

These work fine for your purpose:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-07-2019, 05:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford j View Post
I have this thing about seat covers and chair covers even in my brick and mortar . WHY DO IT in the first place is my position. We buy a new chair or Vehicle and we cover the beautiful covering, to me it doesn't make sense to put a crappy cover over it. Why protect something nice you never see.
Are you thinking about the next owner when you take the cover off so it improves the resale value. ENJOY what you bought !

CLIFFORD
Plus 1
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Yeah, those should work. Thanks!

And that is a perfectly matched pup! LOL
Old 03-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Yeah, those should work. Thanks!

And that is a perfectly matched pup! LOL

I have a set .... I use them whenever I am running in and out during setup/takedown. Drive with them on the seat because I usually refuel during travel. I pack them away when on a site for more than a day or two. Work great when I'm coming in from the rain and driving away.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Scott-

Cute dog. Now, tell me you and the Mrs. did not pick him to match the upholstery, carpet and valances. Or, was it the other way 'round? ;-)
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the nice comment on our little "princess" Schnauzer. She's definitely a pampered pooch, for sure. We've had her now for about 6 years. And yep, she almost blends in with carpeting and other upholstery. She's a kick to have around.

A side story. We just recently returned from a trip to San Diego where we helped my mother-in-law move from a home she's been in for 47 years, to a "Senior Apartment Living Complex". At this point, it's not an assisted living, just a seniors place. And, it has interior hallways. Sophie just loves to greet us whenever she's left alone, for any amount of time. So, when we were walking back to my MIL's new apartment, I went ahead and let her out of the apartment, waaaaaaaaay down the hallway from the wife, my MIL and a couple of other seniors.

You should have heard all those seniors laughing as Sophie was doing mach 1 down the hallway to go to the wife. It's a bout an 100' hallway so, she got up a full head of steam early on. She ran back to me, also at full throttle. Everyone was laughing so hard they almost had tears.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, cover