Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #1

Carefree Omega ll pattern / obsolete parts

All,
Hello from a Country Coach now resident in the UK
Some kind sole managed to reverse into our extended Carefree Omega ll awning yesterday, whilst we were out / away from the parking
(He did have the honesty / courtesy to approach me this morning and admit his mistake )
Am now in need of replacement brackets and arms - both left and right - everything else appears to have survived
Searches suggest that majority of Omega ll parts have been discontinued by Carefree and best probably source will be salvage yards
Have several emails away to enquire - although many of the postings suggesting sources are now somewhat aged
Has anybody needed similar brackets / arms recently - who might know of a source or someone who is producing pattern parts to fill the Carefree void
Thanks in anticipation

Ian S.
2005 CC Allure 430 Hood River
Exeter UK
IanSmith-UK is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanSmith-UK View Post
All,

Hello from a Country Coach now resident in the UK

Some kind sole managed to reverse into our extended Carefree Omega ll awning yesterday, whilst we were out / away from the parking

(He did have the honesty / courtesy to approach me this morning and admit his mistake )

Am now in need of replacement brackets and arms - both left and right - everything else appears to have survived

Searches suggest that majority of Omega ll parts have been discontinued by Carefree and best probably source will be salvage yards

Have several emails away to enquire - although many of the postings suggesting sources are now somewhat aged

Has anybody needed similar brackets / arms recently - who might know of a source or someone who is producing pattern parts to fill the Carefree void

Thanks in anticipation

Ian S.

2005 CC Allure 430 Hood River

Exeter UK

Call these folks:

http://stonevoss.com/

Talk to Chris. He is very knowledgeable about awnings and Stone Vos bought up a stock of Carefree parts. I believe he has even arranged fabrication of some common parts. At any rate Chris can help you. He is a coach owner and a truly nice guy.

Tell him I said hi.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:52 AM   #3

Ian-

If you haven't done so yet, call Carefree. They may have current parts that will work. I found them quite helpful when I was looking for parts. Their number is (303) 469-3324.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:38 AM   #4

Carefree Omega ll pattern / obsolete parts

Thanks to all who responded, contacted me about this

With your help I have located a couple of places that have the parts in stock - am just awaiting an idea of shipping and import dues !!

Not cheap keeping these houses on wheels "on the road" - especially on the 'wrong' side of the pond !!

Thanks again from the UK

Ian S.
Exeter UK
2005 CC Allure 430
IanSmith-UK is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts