Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1

Carpet removal

Has anyone had their carpet remove and install laminate or linoleium by and rv dealer (camping world) or anyone else? thx for the info.

Elang
elang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I am wanting to do same thing. Please advise. Also my tvs need updating can I buy regular ones at Walmart or do they have to be something special vibration proof etc?
Ken326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #3

KEN326,
Regarding upgrading to new TV's. We have installed two VIZIO HD tvs in our Discovery. Have been on the road for the past two years with them with no problems. Directv is our satellite company. We have a Winegard 18 inch dish with a multi switch to feed the front DVR and the back single unit. I added a two lnb receiver to the dish in order to connect to the DVR. Have traveled last year 10,000 miles out to the northwest and back through Texas. Never did we have trouble getting FOXNews.
Hope this helps with your question.
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #4

ELANG,
I believe there a several posts regarding removing carpet and installing new flooring. Please use the SEARCH function to help you find the information you need.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out Ernie at erniesremodelingandrepair : Ernie Ekberg's Floor covering He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable and honest. Excellent craftsman and fair priced.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #6

carpet

Hello just bought a 2005 Beaver Patroit Thunder had the dealer remove the living room carpet and replace it with Laminate love it just took it back and having the bedroom capet replaced plus both slides easy to clean and with 4 little dogs no rug messes, did my whole house few years ago now the motor home is done as well cleaner and healther. They removed the sofa and installed a Electric fireplace as well very honest and trustworthy. Panterra Coach & RV in Angola Ind.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
We had carpet in the living area and hallway. Removed it ourselves and put down laminate a few years back. Took about 8 hours of labor over a weekend to get it all done. Looks great, would never have another RV with carpet.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone ever put tile down in there coach. I'd like to but wondering if it would crack from the chassis flexing? Any input would be greatly appreciated?

Ken
Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Our Monaco came with ceramic tile in the dining area, kitchen, and bath.
Vulture47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #11

Smile Carpet replacement

Have replaced carpet and tile with laminate. Did it myself and worked well. Tiles had cracked in several places because of chassis flexing is my best guess. Today if I wanted tile, I would look at the new products that are actually linoleum but look and feel like tile. Much easier install, look as good, easily maintained, lighter in weight and less thickness and maybe even less costly.
sonstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is a thread you may find of interest.
You would save money in your pocket doing yourself.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonstad
Have replaced carpet and tile with laminate. Did it myself and worked well. Tiles had cracked in several places because of chassis flexing is my best guess. Today if I wanted tile, I would look at the new products that are actually linoleum but look and feel like tile. Much easier install, look as good, easily maintained, lighter in weight and less thickness and maybe even less costly.
Thank you that's a great idea

Ken
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #14

Yes, I replaced my carpet with laminate. Best thing I've done. If you have a slide out make sure you get a laminate that's not to thick, so it does not get caught in the slide out lower platform. Use a 8mm or 10mm laminate and don't forget to put an underlay. Also, make sure it floats because there is a lot of movement when travelling. If its done right it will last a long time and you will love it.,

Good luck and happy camping.
Brez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal