Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2023, 05:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasrbe View Post
Notice the sides of the scale platforms are clear and level so straddling the edge will allow weights for each individual axle/side to be recorded. Use the reduced cost of a reweigh to scale side #2.
Side weights too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	391243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0314.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	630.6 KB
ID:	391244  

Chasrbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2023, 06:13 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasrbe View Post
Side weights too.
Posted before in post #22....

DO NOT try corner weighing..... while it may work, and MIGHT not damage the scales...if they were damaged it would mess with a lot of others convenience.

"MOTORHOME
When weighing your motorhome, it must be completely on the scale and it is best if you position the steer axle (front wheels) of the motorhome on platform 1, and the drive axle or rear axle of the motorhome on platform 2. Platform 3 will likely be empty. Please note: Our scales can give you axle weights and a total gross weight, however, they cannot weigh each corner of the vehicle. We cannot provide individual wheel weights and, to prevent damage to your vehicle as well as our scales, do not allow that type of weighing.

If you are trying to weigh your Tag Axle Motorhome, please give us a call at 1-877-228-7225, ext 6 to get the correct weight."
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:33 AM   #31

[QUOTE=DamonCamper;6475443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Here are some pictures for you

Thanks Old Biscuit,

I found those in the link that someone sent.
Man, I guess I was due but people sure are quick and happy to jump on someone that makes a mistake no matter the reason. I have been taught

As I said, I had preconceived thoughts. I had weighted before and there was only one scales not the three. Thus my thought pattern.

I know now.

All I can say is...I retired from the military so I've been screwed with by a lot better! LOL!

I have thick skin when I deserve it.
Why don't you plan a trip sometime toward Livingston , TX and schedule a 4 corner weighing at the Escapees Club... that way there is no guessing and you'll see if you have any side to side issues. They also measure your height.

https://escapees.com/education/smartweigh/
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #32

Old biscuit, how about a tag axle pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Here are some pictures for you

What about a coach with a tag? As I understand the process it does take two passes for a tag coach. Anyone confirm this process?
Nevermind Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:47 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind Me View Post
What about a coach with a tag? As I understand the process it does take two passes for a tag coach. Anyone confirm this process?
Depends on if you are pulling a toad or not.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind Me View Post
See post #22 & #31... this was posted....

"If you are trying to weigh your Tag Axle Motorhome, please give us a call at 1-877-228-7225, ext 6 to get the correct weight."
Ft Pierce, Fl
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:26 AM   #35

Other then minor variation on steer you have your numbers. Next time just put the fronts on exit end and rear on big scale. I use the CAT like the big rigs as I have a 5er.
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:57 AM   #36

I did the same

This one made me laugh, I was in the same situation. Last weekend pulled into a scale location. Nearly the same conversation. After the guy blew me off, because I now know I had no idea what I was talking about, I installed the app and figured it out. Easy peazy. Btw, realized I was well over weight and now upgrading my rig.
Toybreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 06:35 PM   #37

I thought I was an old pro my first time at a CAT scale too. I grew up on a farm and spent many summers driving grain truck. The grain elevator in our small town had a smaller scale that required us to axle weigh to get gross and tare on our larger rigs. I was certain the distance between the axles on my toad was throwing things off for some reason. Anyways, two trips around and a discussion with the attendant inside finally had me straightened out. It really is a simple process, I just had expectation bias based on a mostly unrelated previous experience.
TreeTopFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat