Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a cat that went bad. I changed it spending like $300 for a new one. I took the old one to the scrap yard. They did not want it. Saying something like I burnt out all the precious metal. So they only want good cats. Unless its coming from an auto salvage yard. You have to believe 9x% are stolen. I think we can do better.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #16

Straight pipe it.. keep theft report.. if anyone ask why no cats.. tell them they keep getting stolen.. go on.. if you have o2 after cats.. put simulated o2 on.. boom.. they can pass you by.. it's not your fault..
Old 08-30-2021, 01:47 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my Honda Accord the cat is where they can not cut it off without cutting the entire front(actually side) of the engine off.
On the other hand almost the entire engines got to be remove to replace it.
And then there's the DP, cat and dpf are almost out in the open behind 2 large doors.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:01 PM   #18

If you really want to stop it, 20 years like I said to all involved, the cutter, scrap yard and repair shop buyer, they all know where the cats come from. Yes 20 years is a long time, but do you want to stop it or not?
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:24 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Wow, that's one clean chassis!

Your MH ever been out of the garage ?
Ha! We've been all the way to NYC! But this year I pressure washed under there and hit all the rust spots with Rustoleum rust converter. Easy job - and it does look nice, huh?
Old 08-31-2021, 02:04 PM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Looks brand spankin new !

Must have been a treat for the Cat thief to not worry about grease and grime dropping in their face while they were cutting !
Old 08-31-2021, 03:15 PM   #21

neighbors honda cat was cut out while sitting in her garage. shocked, shocked I say. told her many times to close the door at night. oh well... chopped the exhaust from the manifold to the muffler, took the O2 sensors, chopped the wiring and the fuel lines, and generally pissed her off. she paid over a grand to fix it. almost a month later, thieves cut the new one out at her work center parking lot. they stole almost twenty five cats out of that lot that day in broad daylight. when asked about the cameras looking in the employees lot, the cops found out the cameras were all fake except the one's in the executive lot.... how nice, how very nice.
as many comment, laws are only effective if enforced. otherwise, not.
capt fast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, converter