Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #1

Caterpillar Corporation has offically debuted their CAT RV Engine Owners Club at Gaffeny, SC March 12 at the Pine Cone Campground.

As a CAT Engine Owner I was inducted into the Club as a Charter Member. Membership has exploided and has grown to more then 500 Members in a very short time. Don Tillman has been appointed National Director and is work in conjuction with FMCA. We had a 4 day rally in Gaffney which included a Pre-Pre-Rally Saturday, a VIP tour of the CAT Engine Plant and a meeting with CAT Management on Monday, a VIP Tour of the FreightLiner Plant and a special meeting with their management on Tuesday, Tuesday afternoon we were given a VIP tour of the Mitchlen Tire Plant (this is extremely rare) and to close the event a special tour was given of the BMW Auto Plant.

There were a lot of first for this new Club and there will be a lot more. Caterpiller has promised to help us make this an outstanding Club and recognizes our growth potential.

I have limited Internet time available to me right now, as we're on the road and don't have a regular internet access. Once we return home, I detail the CAT RV Engine Owners Club more. If any of you folks get to the Perry Georgia FMCA RALLY, stop by the CAT Booth and check us out.

Tomcat F15
CAT RV Engine Owners Club
"Charter Member"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #2

Caterpillar Corporation has offically debuted their CAT RV Engine Owners Club at Gaffeny, SC March 12 at the Pine Cone Campground.

As a CAT Engine Owner I was inducted into the Club as a Charter Member. Membership has exploided and has grown to more then 500 Members in a very short time. Don Tillman has been appointed National Director and is work in conjuction with FMCA. We had a 4 day rally in Gaffney which included a Pre-Pre-Rally Saturday, a VIP tour of the CAT Engine Plant and a meeting with CAT Management on Monday, a VIP Tour of the FreightLiner Plant and a special meeting with their management on Tuesday, Tuesday afternoon we were given a VIP tour of the Mitchlen Tire Plant (this is extremely rare) and to close the event a special tour was given of the BMW Auto Plant.

There were a lot of first for this new Club and there will be a lot more. Caterpiller has promised to help us make this an outstanding Club and recognizes our growth potential.

I have limited Internet time available to me right now, as we're on the road and don't have a regular internet access. Once we return home, I detail the CAT RV Engine Owners Club more. If any of you folks get to the Perry Georgia FMCA RALLY, stop by the CAT Booth and check us out.

Tomcat F15
CAT RV Engine Owners Club
"Charter Member"
Old 03-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tomcat F15:
Caterpillar Corporation has offically debuted their CAT RV Engine Owners Club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tomcat F15, Congratulations on the roll-out of the "new" Caterpillar RV Engine Owners Club.

If you think that you can pursuade the "CREOC" to use our "Owner's Corner" resources perhaps we can set something up for the club with the possibility for you to lead up the group.

If you haven't heard the VS-620 Verizon Broadband PC-Card works very well in getting you on the Net even while underway.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:15 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
Where do I find info on the CAT RV Owners Club? I didn't see anything on thei web site.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 AM   #5

Thanks for buying Cat engines. Since I make the fuel injectors for it, Ill keep my job a bit longer..lol

Thanks again

James

2005 Keystone Sprinter 303bhs
Jamess67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #6

Here's a link for the application. You have to be an FMCA member to join. Also Yahoo has a Cat RV club group.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF07Qi-...%20Club-DT.doc
3huskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #7

Here's the Yahoo group link:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CATRVCLUB/
Old 03-19-2005, 08:06 AM   #8

DriVer, I'll know more after Perry. I've been asked to do a lot more then I have time for right now. I'd really like to be extremely pro-actyive in this group, as I have some real good friends at CAT and Freightliner.

3Huskies,
you have the wrong club show, thats a trqctor club and nothing to do with us. I don't think we have our page up and running as of yet. This club is titled "Caterpillar RV Engine Owners Club(aka- CAT RV Engine Owners Club".

Here's where my time is limited, otherwise it would be activated by now.

DriVer, I'v been trying to find a dealer that has that package, I used National Director Don Tillmans laptop with that set up and it was really neat, but a little expensive. I'm trying to compinsate paying for 3 phone bills now, i need to get rid of 1 or 2 to free up some cash, that is unless I can use yours on a family plan? We are family aren't we?

How about an irv2.con wireless account for all of us, for say, $15 per month. That would be just great.

Tomcat F15
"Only negative when the occasion presents it's self, other wise I'm very causus. How does the rule of law go? "Your guilty until your proven inocent".

Shoot first and ask questions later.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #9

Patz,

I'll have more info for you and anyone else who may be interested next week. If you can attend the Perry FMCA Rally, stop by the CAT Booth and we'll have applications there.

If I put in a plug for this club, Caterpiller has promised us that they are going to make this one of the finest Culbs in their companies history. Our good friend Suzzie Adcocks at CAT is very excited about this venture and is making every effort make this a success.

Tomcat F15
Rich Shamory

"No negative vibs here, I'm very positive about this, because it's the CAT RV Engine Owners Club Members who are going to benifit".
Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 AM   #10

Tomcat,
The link I gave is for rv's not tractors. If you read the posts you will see that.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #11

Tomcat,
If you go to the files section of the group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CATRVCLUB/
you will find the application for the club that I posted. It is in fact the same one you are talking about, as they list the rally you just attended.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamess67:
Since I make the fuel injectors for it, I'll keep my job a bit longer.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>James, I just figured it out! What we need is a Caterpillar Fuel Injector Owner's Club!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #13

Hey 3 Big Dogs,

I stand corrected. I didn't have time to read the whole page, I only saw the old tractor engine, which I've seen before, which was in reference to old tractors.

Thanks for the info, I haven't had time to find it for myself.

Now that we have the application available, you CAT RV Engine Owners can join and join us in Peroia, IL at the CAT headquarters for a Rally which CAT is putting on, it suppose to be an opportunity to remember.

Tomcat F15
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Tomcat15
What are the dates for the rally in Peroia, Il? I will be traveling through that area the end of this month. I have a 3126b 300 hp cat in my MH. I have a Harney Coach Works Renegade Classic on a Magum chassis.

Thanks
Jim USN RET
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote