Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #1

Ceiling Stain Removal

Hello everyone...I am fishing for feedback on best practices for water stain removal from our Monacos ceiling.
Had a few vent leaks during heavy consistant rain here in Jersey. Once I am sure they are no longer leaking I want to try to get some staining out.
Carpet cleaner ?
Laundry detergent and hot water?
Upholstery cleaner?
What do you think?
Let me know thank as always !
KC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15366043244911587103270.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	218503  
KConnington is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #2

Try Griot's interior cleaner, good for fabrics, carpets, vinyl, leather. I used on our carpets and it worked great. Very easy to use.
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #3

I have used steam, the stuff came in with water, so it might go away with water as well... try it out before using anything that might take the colour out. Simple steam-mop and a soft brush, result was good.

Rainer
Rainer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
A bleach solution worked on our prior coach with no damage. The nappy fabric is synthetic and no color was bleached out of it....on mine. Just take care not to let it drip onto anything valuable beneath where you spray. After spraying it on, I scrubbed lightly with a fingernail brush in different directions to expose more of the length of the fibers down to their base, and re-sprayed a little as I went along to be sure the entire fiber was treated. Disclaimer: your results may vary. But it worked perfectly for me.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #5

Foley’s upholstery cleaner in a rug dr. With the upholstery attachment worked for me
Poohbear7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:46 AM   #6

On some stains the wood backer the fabric is glued onto has leached into the fabric, and they do not always come out from what I have seen and heard. I have read that just using too much water to clean out odors can cause the stains to get larger. Let us know your results please, I would like to know if anything worked for you.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #7

Spray on some proxide (sp)
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, removal