Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #57

I've noticed that you have not checked the temp difference between the inside return air at the inlet while on max and the outlet air at the vents. It's all relative. Anywhere around 15 degrees colder would be normal. My gasser on a WH chassis takes 2lbs even.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #58

Post #23. 65* output at 90* ambient (inlet). I understand the temperature differential. My problem was that my other vehicles are colder at the same ambient temperature. The 2 lbs. R134a seems right. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #59

Ambient in the trade means outside temp. If you had the temp measured at the inlet inside the coach and it was 90, your a/c is working great. That's a 25 degree td.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #60

I clamped off my heater hose also turned on a/c and still not blowing cold both high and low pressure good low side hose sweating and cold condensation pouring out drain ???Fixed this vac line and prob. fixed ??Please excuse my ignorance I dont even know what to call the thing that vac. line was attached to but dont think it related to heater coil.Im no where near my RV at the moment but will post pick when able.
rrussell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just for added information on coach's with the Evans heater control unit.
It seems that some have been installed incorrectly and they fail because of this.
This thread will also bring to light a problem with the high pressure limit switch and maybe the incorrect one installed by the chassis mfg.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #62

tom, comparing your coach to other vehicles is not a valid comparison. Evap size, condenser performance, compressor performance all come into play when trying to compare.

Sure your coach isnt as good as the other vehicles....but all that is telling you is your coach doesn't have as good of an AC system

For a true comparison, you must compare your coach to another coach identical to yours that is known to be functioning properly.

All AC systems perform differently from different manufacturers....sure they all SHOULD(in theory) cool great and make ice cubes...but they don't
Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #63

Thanks everyone. I guess I am convinced it is working as good as it is going too. I am disappointed it wasn't engineered better.
Tom
Old 04-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #64

Evans chassis freon amounts

I found this very helpful and other may also..:

Evans Tempcon, Inc
dsitterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #65

The GM platform uses a blend door. Pressures look normal but vents are not cold enough. If blend door for ac is not closing 100%. The heat will win everytime. I would bypass the heater core as a test and i will bet the temps out vents get right in line.
dmorris189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis