RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Chassis Battery - Yuma

I've got an 8D chassis battery thats got enough years I want to replace it before it dies. I'd rather someone brought it to me than go through the trouble of a service appointment taking the coach into the shop. Its heavy!!

Yuma looks like a likely place in our travel path - anyone know who might do such a thing - I guess if an install is what it takes to make than happen its ok with me.

Thanks.

Greg
2000 Monaco Dynasty
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121 View Post
I've got an 8D chassis battery thats got enough years I want to replace it before it dies. I'd rather someone brought it to me than go through the trouble of a service appointment taking the coach into the shop. Its heavy!!

Yuma looks like a likely place in our travel path - anyone know who might do such a thing - I guess if an install is what it takes to make than happen its ok with me.

Thanks.

Greg
2000 Monaco Dynasty
I drove out to Yuma to have my Blue Ox Base Plate installed at place called "Just for Towing"
(928) 782-3611 They probably don't do batteries but they sure know the RV Business and bet they know someone. My experience with them was very good. Good Luck
krudawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:00 AM   #3

Call the local CAT in Yuma. They're 8D Maintenance Free Starter Battery is top notch. Suspect they can do a swap out for you, or know a mobile mechanic that can.
Good luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:20 AM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Where ever you get the batteries from insure they have a huge network, just in case. I bought my chassis batteries from Tractor Supply up in Eastern Pennsylvania. 3 months later, something went wrong with them. Tractor Supply in Magnolia, Texas replaced the batteries under warranty.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I backed my car right up to the battery compartment drawer and drug the battery from the tray onto a cardboard box in the trunk and then drove it down to the Interstate battery dealer. They unloaded the old battery and loaded the new one. I then drug the new 8D battery up into the battery tray and installed the wires.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #6

Les Schwab does batteries. I went there and they install my 2 8D batteries. Talked to them before hand. I was there to may be 1/2 hour.

Tags
battery, chassis