Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2017, 03:03 PM   #1

Check valve issue

I want to use the head washout connection,on the RV. Only it won't take in water.Acts like it is closed? Looked inside the bathroom sink closet and found a check valve between the in line and the other line,which I assume goes to the head tank? You are supposed to be able to hook a water line to it to wash out the head. Since new it never worked.When I disconnected the line after the valve it had pressure on it,and a small amount of water came out.?I can't figure out why it had pressure,unless it was not connected to the holding tank.Any ideas on the problem? The RV is Class "A" Damon Astoria 38' 2006 # 3579 It has a small 90 degree black poly check valve between the two lines and it looks fine.
jackofalltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Check valve issue

The valve you found is probably an anti-siphon valve, to allow water one way and then an air break to prevent sucking water back up from the "head" or black tank.

With pressure in the downstream side it sounds like it is plugged downstream of the anti-siphon, or inside the black tank itself. With a drained tank you could try disconnecting the flush line at the tank and seeing it is plugged inside the tank.

If it has not worked since new there may be a number of other things possible wrong but working backwards from the tank itself is the way I would start troubleshooting. Good luck!

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
A common problem is that the sprayer in the tank has small holes and gets clogged. I took mine out of the top of the tank, drilled the holes out a little larger (3/32), added a couple extra holes, and now it sprays MUCH better and I can even hear the spray inside the black tank from the other side of the coach.

Some have limited success by putting calgon in the tank and filling it up hoping that any toilet paper stuck on the sprayer would dissolve. Personally I think that's a bandaid.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #4

Thanks I'll try your suggestion.Sounds like it is plugged at the tank.I may be wrong when i stated it never worked,because it was a year or two when I tried it. Probally is plugged up.
jackofalltra is offline   Reply With Quote