Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Class A Meet Up / Rally on the East Coast
Yes 11 42.31%
No 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #15

Sign us up! Me and my fiancé have had a class A DP for three years. None of our friends have Rv's as we must be more in a suburban area. We are both in our late 40's and the rig goes with her to fla in the winter (Ocala). We would love to find local friends in the area, SEPA, to plan some local trips when coach is up north. Also, open to fun trips in the winter but she has a tight schedule due to horses when in fla. So yes pencil us in! I have always wanted to get a beach front rv site for new years. Have to schedule in advance I believe but a wish list thing.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #16

Dang - We're missing the 50 cutoff by a year ... lol. Although we still have 2 of our 4 kids at home (15 &13) and they totally keep us on our toes and active - At least we can now become AARP members and get those great senior discounts!!!

Isn't 50 the new 40 or something like that???
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We've RV'd since we were in our 30s. Have had a motorhome we bought when we were 50. That said, I think you're either missing something about older RVers or just hanging around with the wrong "older" RVers. We have always enjoyed the company of older RVers. We have received many good tips about where to go and what to see with our RV. And when it comes to sitting around the campfire and telling stories, the older generation has more funny stories than you can shake a stick at and we always have a good laugh when with the older RVers!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #18

36 here. 2 kids and living the life. Cant wait to travel the country next year with the kids and show them what america is all about. Brand new class A holiday rambler endeavor with bunks.

Im a artificial turf industry expert. Manufacturing, Sales, and installation
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #19

Yes Yes Yes. Wife and I are 41, have a 6 year old girl, and as far as RV's are concerned, we right around the corner from you guys.

We dropped FMCA membership this year and gave up as we couldn't find anything that even slightly resembled a young family in that organization. Never even heard of this Energized thing.

Anyway, we are always looking for opportunities to meet up with other families, especially since our daughter has no siblings. Hit me with a PM or some such.
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #20

I concur

We are in Dallas and I try to drag The ole lady out but it seems like weekenders at best.
Roadwarrior3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #21

Earl excellent idea. Although I'm 59 the wife is 51 but we do have a 10 yr old at home. Would love to try and do something more with a younger group. But I'll need to cheat on the 50 yr old requirement. We can pretty much go at anytime considering school days. We have been doing the RV thing for a couple of years and have enjoyed it so much.
bmilam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
47/35 here. No kids.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #23

44 and 40 here, Class A for 4 years fiver and truck campers before, 25+ years rving
mwallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #24

As I tell people when they as my age.

I'm 30 and have had 17 anniversaries.
Roadwarrior3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #25

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is by no means a post against older RV'ers.

It just seems that sometimes when we visit motorcoach resorts, most of the people are of an older generation.

Just this past Easter we were staying at the Naples Motorcoach Resort and struck up a conversation with another couple with younger kids. Turns out the kids are around the same ages, they live four hours from us in NJ and we have met up twice while at different RV resorts this summer.

I wasn't really seeking to generate a "club" type thing, but rather something for younger Class A owners whether they have kids or not to converse, etc. Possibly even start some type of forum or FB page for younger, working people. Once a group of people are involved you just kind of set something up for a weekend with no real plans. Just show up, if you feel like chatting great, if not well all you lost was a weekend and you still got to use your RV. :-)

Also - open to suggestions...

We have been in the Class A segment for about 10 years and are starting to see more and more families in Class A when we visit motorcoach resorts.

As for FMCA, while I am a member I just glance thru the magazine. About a month ago while traveling home we stopped at a local diner with the coach and there was a gentleman with a Tiffin Class A. Turns out we are from the same town. He handed me his business card with the information for the local FMCA club they belong to and asked that I check it out. That evening I looked it up on line and the photos showed the majority of group was older than my parents...
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
We are 33 and 31 but we use our Class A to get AWAY from people. Last thing in the world we would want to do is hang out with others! Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a