Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
We have enough separation in society. I enjoy reading those with expensive toys that have the same issues that those with OLD vintage units have. After ALL folks we are all RVers.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WReeder View Post
. Some of the pushers have status issues!

Boy! Too many ways you could run with that......think I'll just move along to the next topic. 😷

Bruce & Teresa
2000 Foretravel U320 4010
Cummins ISM 450hp
Allison HD4060R 6 Spd W/Retarder
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #17

I think the real issue is attitudes and acceptance. Some here are so set in their ways that the way that ANYONE else does it is simply WRONG! They state things in a way that leaves no room for discussion and is condescending. You hear the attitude "Until you get rid of that gas toy, you are never going to have the decent ride and appropriate handling that we should have. If you can't afford a diesel then you get what you deserve." I know nobody has said that, but you see that attitude all the time. You see it when talking about trailers and family and whatever. And when one does it, it brings it out in ALL of us just defending our own position. I know my niceness has worn thin at times on this forum.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm still a "Gasser" at heart, but needed a "DP" for pulling a toad and hills. I am not looking forward to the repair bills. I used to do an oil change for $25, now it's $130 just for oil and filter.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
I'm still a "Gasser" at heart, but needed a "DP" for pulling a toad and hills. I am not looking forward to the repair bills. I used to do an oil change for $25, now it's $130 just for oil and filter.
Yea but with th DP you can go 10-15k miles instead of 6k on gas for oil changes is it really that much more.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:42 AM   #20

Remove the drive trains, and we ALL have pretty much the same problems. After over 5yrs. full timing I'm still learning new things. I also vote to keep the status quo.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #21

I've found the Class A forum to be a group that work to help solve each others problems. We all come from different experiences. For example, many DP's owners had Gasser's at one time. And, I personally know many form DP's owners that have completed the circle back to Gasser's as they come off the road from full time while still wanting to have a weekend warrior!

And as with most forums, I find that the bulk of the fellow posters are people I'd enjoy meeting in person (and have!). The few that have problems or are self conscious about a perceived 'status' - well, they round out a board. (I've left a few forums, mostly from my hobby of loving HiFi, where I did find a group that were more interested in bragging, or tearing someone else down - then on being enthusiastic about HiFi - Got Tubes? Just moved on when a board and I did not 'mesh'.)

This is such a thread, that 'rounds out' our forum! And thanks to the Moderator's for helping keeping IRV the usually let's help each other group of people. (And thank goodness they keep those 'trailer and fiver's and B's and C's and Truck Campers' away from us real RV'ers in Class A's!

My sincere best to all, have fun, be safe - and help where you can, and ask for help where needed!!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I don't know if the diesel owners have more problems or just more time to talk about them as more of them are probably retired! Right now since I'm still working for a living I have little time to talk about a problem when I have one, any free time I have is being used to fix the problem! I do find time to read the posts that interest me though and learn from them. This website is a "must have accessory" for RV fans.
I'm not sure if it's a case of having "more time to talk about them (problems)" as much as it is a case of many diesel pusher owners having a "long way to go and a short time to get there" issues. Most of us have a lifetime of experience with gasoline powered vehicles ... even if we're not experts, we're at least familiar with gas engine issues and gasoline powered vehicle system technology.

Conversely, for many (maybe even most) diesel RV owners - their diesel coach is their first experience with a diesel engine, air suspensions and air brakes. If they're anything like me (a new diesel coach owner) - they're trying to get up to speed as fast as possible on multiple technologies, a whole new "language", etc. - all of which is new to them - and with few other resources besides the dealers (who arguably have a vested interest driving whatever advise they give) ... and forums like this. When I have issues with my gasoline powered vehicles - I can compare notes with neighbors, friends and family. I'm the ONLY guy in my circle of friends and aquaintances with a large diesel powered, air suspension, air brake vehicle. Forums like this have been a crucial source of information for me!
Old 07-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WReeder View Post
They might need to start breaking the Class A forum into Two groups One for Diesel Pushers and the Second group for Gas Pullers.
Quote:
Some of the pushers have status issues!
Remember that we all have to check oil, air in the tires and pull up to the pump!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that to mean that you think DP owners are "snobbish" or "stuck up" as the old saying goes. I admit that back when we were pulling a 5er I tended to feel the same way. I thought they felt like they were better than us common RV'ers and didn't want anything to do with us! After 14 years of RV'ing, I have found that 95% of the DP owners are really nice folks! Now that other 5%, that's another story! Way back before we got our MH I made a conscious effort to approach them on the campgrounds and strike up a conversation. Would you believe, most of them were just folks like us! Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #24
doc

Appalachian Campers
Thanks Joe and Annette. We have a pusher because we travel long and hard and tow a Jeep 4-door (retired the Element) Health issues require and onboard bathroom for MsC. I resent the heck out of people who have never met or spoken to either of us thinking that because we have a DP we are 'snobbish or uppity' or whatever term they are using.
If these people spent more of the time they have left on this earth enjoying it rather than checking out and envying other people in the CG they would be so much happier.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:49 AM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Thanks Joe and Annette. We have a pusher because we travel long and hard and tow a Jeep 4-door (retired the Element) Health issues require and onboard bathroom for MsC. I resent the heck out of people who have never met or spoken to either of us thinking that because we have a DP we are 'snobbish or uppity' or whatever term they are using.
If these people spent more of the time they have left on this earth enjoying it rather than checking out and envying other people in the CG they would be so much happier.

Well said!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
It seems to me that folks who think others have "status issues" also suffer from "status issues".

I sure hope most of us are more interested in the quality of a person than the status of a person.

Just my opinion.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #27

Class A Forum

There are several chassis specific forums that can be used for chassis related issues. When I have a chassis question that's where I post my questions.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
I could see a need to separate the diesel / gas, but then I can also see there are the coach builder forums where perhaps some of the discussion might fit better.

Tough call - system oriented questions can vary widely between a coach with very simple basic system (like my Mirada) up to some coaches that have very complicated systems.

Generally, I think the simpler end of the spectrum will be found on the gas and the very complicated would be found on higher end diesal.

However, I would recommend doing away with the Motor Home section, there are three classes that these should fit into.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, forum