RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #43

JimBow, Wow I'm not surprised that some have no problem giving out their SSN. What surprises me is not understanding why it may give others some pause?
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #44

I think it should give people pause and some people should refuse and deal with a different company. It's a personal decision they need to be comfortable with.

For me I stopped shredding my mail after realizing all the people who touched it either electrically or physically before it reached my mailbox. The company that gathered the information, the company they sent my information to do it could be printed, stuffed, ands mailed. The mailing service that took it to the post office, etc. If someone wants to dumpster dive in hopes of finding the information, good luck to them.

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
JimBow, Wow I'm not surprised that some have no problem giving out their SSN. What surprises me is not understanding why it may give others some pause?
I don't understand your comment here. JimBow said nothing about SSN, he was talking about bank routing & account number which you provide to everyone that may handle your check you use for a payment, and is what allows the bank payment system to work. You do understand that SSN is something totally different than bank routing & account number.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #46

No way alank, I've always done my banking with the IRS!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Can someone tell me if the Hartford policy for the motorhome is agreed value or not? Big difference if you have a total loss.... but I now have Titan through Nationwide, and they went up 30% last year, so I am looking.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #48

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but you could try Safeco. Price wise it seemed to be the best for us several years ago for our house, 4 cars, 3 bikes, and the MH. Our only claim in years was the MH windshield with full glass coverage. It was paid in full by Safeco.

Best of luck.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #49

Just thought of a question I've not see before? With auto insurance you can allow someone else to drive your car. Is that also true of a motorhome?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
I don't understand your comment here. JimBow said nothing about SSN, he was talking about bank routing & account number which you provide to everyone that may handle your check you use for a payment, and is what allows the bank payment system to work. You do understand that SSN is something totally different than bank routing & account number.
After I read that reply I understand how someone might believe I was considering those as the same. In retrospect it was a poor place for that comment.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #51

JimBow, fair- reasonable & balanced... what's come over you man?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:26 PM   #52

Thank you

I am an administrator for a large site and I've watched misunderstandings get out of hand.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #53

Yes, I too was a moderator on another site and you're right, things can get out of sorts in a hurry. It's tough sometimes because you can't see the expression on the persons face or body language. And I'd not be the first one to think I'm saying something funny that's taken as anything but!

At least with this discussion we can be insured against it!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #54

I guess I might need insurance. My number is 384-39-3778

Old 01-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #55

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
Can someone tell me if the Hartford policy for the motorhome is agreed value or not? Big difference if you have a total loss.... but I now have Titan through Nationwide, and they went up 30% last year, so I am looking.
Mine is agreed value since it was a 6 yr old rig. Don't know what they do with new rigs.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A thing about SSN's, yes most insurance companies use credit as one of many factors in determining your rate and you do not have to give them your SSN but if you do not want them them to use credit you should tell them they are not authorized to check your credit. This is important because it can be done with your name DOB and address. It's been my experience that once told no they'll explain why they want it but don't press hard for it. I've have Several quotes with the gecko and the most I got from the agent was it will only help get a better rate and if it was not a favorable score it's just a discount you don't qualify for, if you declined they put more weight on the other factors. Knowing what I know I'd rather give my routing and account info and even my SSN to a licensed professional that is closely scrutinized than the grocery clerk at the local store or put one in the mail. Give it or not, it's personal preference just know you don't have to and it's a small price to pay for the peace of mind. I'd ask if you choose to decline do it politely.
Just my two cents...
ussnewco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance