Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Class A Motor Home Comparison: Tiffin VS Newmar VS Entegra

Looking at Tiffin Bus 37 or 40AP, Newmar Dutchstar 4018, or Entegra Anthem 42.. Comparing quality, reliability & service.. Any suggestions?
RVgambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Heartland RV Club
Send a message via Yahoo to cbramsey
You have asked a question similar to "Which is better? Ford, Chevy, or Dodge"

All the manufacturers you mentioned make good products. The question you have to answer is which coach meets your present and/or future needs.

As to your question, I am impressed with Newmar's "fit and finish".
2015 Ford F450 Platinum DRW , 2017 Heartland Landmark 365 Charleston Me, Wife, "Canines" Lucy [Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier mix] & Fawn [Chihuahua] and “Felines” Pixel & Pollux [Manx], Iris, Pepper & Max [DSH], Mystique [DLH]
cbramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
All three are nice and well built coaches. Go with the one that fits your needs the best, I'm sure you won't be disappointed in any of those three. And I agree, it is Dodge vs Chevy vs Ford .... each have their own followers and nothing else will do. I'm an Entegra follower!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:54 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought Tiffin as we found a used one in great condition with the right for us floor plan and price. It could as well have been any of the three brands you mention and we would have bought. All three make a good product with good customer service.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #5

With those three, I would get the best deal with the floor plan I liked - also I would give consideration to which one has a good dealer new you - our nearest dealer has a terrible maintenance shop for example.
Big Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVgambler View Post
Looking at Tiffin Bus 37 or 40AP, Newmar Dutchstar 4018, or Entegra Anthem 42.. Comparing quality, reliability & service.. Any suggestions?
A question I've been trying to get answered for some time. You didn't mention new or used.

Newmar has the comfort steering, I think that's what they call it, and I've seen praises for it. Newmar also has a different way of building the body or house. No de-lamination problems from what I've learned. Maybe someone will chime in and explain.

Tiffin has some recalls on their '07 to '11 models but from what I've heard they stepped up to the plate and took care of them.

Have you considered Monaco or Holiday Rambler. Some consider them a close equal to the ones you mentioned.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #7

New or used? New Entegra comes with 2 year warranty.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #8

Quote:
If you are only looking at these three particular models Entegra whouls likely win for ME. No comparison between 37 and 42 - that 5' is 20% larger in size if they cost the same not a hard choice to make.

IMHO (I own a Travel Supreme - now Entegra) so as you see I did all this before - again IMHO just the cabinets will guide me to Entegra - just the best - layouts - we designed and TS built out Coach so it works for us - Tiffin no way - Newmar just a little, but they also build a Great coach.

So if more help is needed then more info needs to be given.

BOL,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #9

Tiffin - they really stand behind their product!
Old 05-30-2016, 10:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Why did you not include Winnebago in that group?
Old 05-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Due to brand loyalty and buyers preference, more specific questions within each brands Owner's Forum might provide better answers.

From the models listed, this really appears to be a Ford v Chevy debate. The makers offer many, many "condo on wheels" type motorhomes to make it even harder to pick.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #12

Will accept new or used ~1-2 years back. I am new to RVs and trying to find the best quality for the $$. Trying to stay around 40'. I "believe" that independent front suspension & side mounted radiator (easier engine access) are important. Tag axle is optional is it important that it can turn..
Old 05-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #13

It was recommended that I not look at them due to quality issues (Former owners)
Old 05-30-2016, 03:05 PM   #14

We looked at several of the coaches you mentioned. Here's my 2 cents, check out the Fleetwood Discovery. We really like the floor plan and so far I'm impressed. At 40' (which is what we have) I'm not sure TAG will get you more than an extra set of tires to replace eventually. I too really wanted the side radiator for engine access. The Discovery has a rear radiator but there is plenty of engine access from the sides.

We got our 2015 Discovery 40G for $189k with 12k miles on it. I'm guessing a similar Newmar or Entegra would have been another $100k.

Quote:
Will accept new or used ~1-2 years back. I am new to RVs and trying to find the best quality for the $$. Trying to stay around 40'. I "believe" that independent front suspension & side mounted radiator (easier engine access) are important. Tag axle is optional is it important that it can turn..

Tags
class a, comparison, entegra, newmar, tiffin