Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

Class A motorhome

How are you everyone the wife and i have been interested in a class a for a while now were looking at entegra aspire 44R models and american coach dream with bunks just looking for peoples opinions on either and there expierences if any with either diesel pusher or if anyone can recomend a great coach for a family of 4 would prefer a tag axle about 45 feet in length
Irish4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome aboard !!
Old 10-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #3

Thank you hopefully i can get some good info from this group
Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4778 View Post
Thank you hopefully i can get some good info from this group

We are slow sometimes / lol
Old 10-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #5

Quote:
How are you everyone the wife and i have been interested in a class a for a while now were looking at entegra aspire 44R models and american coach dream with bunks just looking for peoples opinions on either and there expierences if any with either diesel pusher or if anyone can recomend a great coach for a family of 4 would prefer a tag axle about 45 feet in length
The EC Aspire is a VERY nice coach, well built and super quiet. Even if they are priced the same, the two year bumper to bumper coach warranty that comes standard on the EC and the excellent factory CS would make the Aspire my choice. None of them are trouble free, but EC warranty and CS are the best in the business, IMO. Visit the EC owners forum here on iRV2 to read more about Joyce and her team that support the owners after the sale.

For a great dealer to buy from, I always suggest NIRVC. That is where I bought my 2016 Aspire, and they are a fantastic dealer with 4 locations and growing.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #6

The Dream is a nice coach and and IMHO has a bit better attention to some details at least it was true when we bought. Things like the entry way and some other little details. (Our 2017 Dream pretty much equaled our 2016 Tradition.)
That said Entegra has a lot of bang for the buck.

That all said I think I would look for a coach with mid bunks and perhaps even 2 full baths if possible. (1 1/2 works) I think Newmar has a floor plan along those lines and would be where I would look.

As far as quality goes I have not heard of a brand that can be depended on for good quality on day 1. If buying used get an inspection and hopefully maintenance records.

Tom
Old 10-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

No knowledge on those coaches but noticed you are kinda new on the forum and wanted to say hello.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can't speak to those manufacturers, but I have a class A with Bunks and wanted to chime in to welcome you and to echo Thenman's comments regarding the baths.

Our original RV was a bunk model with the single bath. We recently upgraded to a newer model with the 1.5 Bath's and it has made a WORLD of difference. Similar to being at home, it seems like the little ones never need the bathroom until you are using it!

Only other helpful tidbit I can offer is that the Bunk Model Class A's can be hard to find sometimes. You might get lucky and locate the one you want nearby, but a drive will likely be in order to see the one you want.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
welcome to the group.... hope this helps

RV consumers love to tell-all about their RVs in the Reviews section of RVT.com. This provides RVT with invaluable data which can be a huge help to the more than 1/2 million RV shoppers who visit RVT.com each month in search of their next RV.

In a previous article, we revealed RV Brands and Models with the Highest Consumer Reviews and Rankings. In today’s article, we take a step back from the nitty gritty detail of RV Brands (and Model numbers) and we look at a bigger, broader landscape — how RV consumers rank order the RV manufacturers themselves.

RV Manufacturers Under A Consumer Microscope …

This article gives you a glimpse into RV consumer experiences, sentiments and feelings about RV manufacturers in the following key categories:

Top Overall Rankings of RV Manufacturers
Livability
Interior Design and
RV Quality
Statistics represented in the Tables below are derived from RVReviews.com where thousands of RV consumers have Reviewed the RVs they either currently own (or have owned at some time in the past.)

Here is the RV consumer’s Average Overall Rating for RV Manufacturers:

1. Monaco 4.35 Read Reviews about Monaco RVs Shop Monaco RVs
2. Tiffin 4.24 Read Reviews about Tiffin RVs Shop Tiffin RVs
3. Fleetwood 4.19 Read Reviews about Fleetwood RVs Shop Fleetwood RVs
4. Holiday Rambler 4.15 Read Reviews about Holiday Rambler RVs Shop Holiday Rambler RVs
5. Winnebago 4.06 Read Reviews about Winnebago RVs Shop Winnebago RVs
6. Coachmen 4.03 Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu item Visit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
7. Jayco 3.85 Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu item Visit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
8. Forest River 3.61 Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu item Visit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
9. Keystone 3.58 Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu item Visit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
10. Thor Motor Coach 3.15 Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu item Visit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer

Now let’s dig in a little deeper, into the different attributes of RVs. This shows us some “jockeying for position” among the RV manufacturers.

Check out the consumer-at-large’s rank ordering of RV manufacturers by: Average Livability Rating

1. Monaco
2. Tiffin
3. Holiday Rambler
4. Winnebago
5. Fleetwood
6. Coachmen
7. Keystone
8. Jayco
9. Forest River
10. Thor Motor Coach
You’ll notice Holiday Rambler and Winnebago pull ahead of Fleetwood as far as Livability go and Keystone moves ahead of Jayco. Interesting …

Now, here’s a snapshot of how consumers rate the OEMs with respect to: Interior Design:

1. Monaco
2. Tiffin
3. Fleetwood
4. Winnebago
5. Holiday Rambler
6. Jayco
7. Keystone
8. Forest River
9. Coachmen
10. Thor Motor Coach
For Average Interior Design Ratings, notice that Holiday Rambler stays below Fleetwood and drops below Winnebago but still rounds out the top 5. Jayco jumps to 6th place and Coachmen falls from 6th to 9th position as far as Interior Design is concerned.

Here is how RV manufacturers rate to consumers for: Average Quality Ratings

1. Monaco
2. Tiffin
3. Holiday Rambler
4. Fleetwood
5. Winnebago
6. Coachmen
7. Jayco
8. Keystone
9. Forest River
10. Thor Motor Coach
Monaco and Tiffin still top the list as far as Average Quality Ratings go, but consumers say … Holiday Rambler beats out Fleetwood for Quality, but Fleetwood tops Winnebago. Good to know but remember this is only a guide, only an averaging of what hundreds of RV owners have said. It’s important to do your own in person research as well. But suffice it to say, as far as Quality, the Reviews say that Forest River beats out Keystone and unmoved, Thor Motor Coach is still bringing up the final position in the Top 10 Ranked OEMs with respect to Average Quality. (Still a good position.)

NOTE: Only manufacturers with more than 80 Reviews each are included in this report.

Important:

Consumer Reviews and rankings are an extremely useful tool for RV shoppers. Keep an eye on RV Insight by RVT.com for future consumer Reviews comparisons and findings
Old 10-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #10

Yea from my research ive realized bunks with the perfect layout we want are hard to come by hopefully that means when im ready to sell it it wont be hard to get rid of lol time will tell yea we love the aspire 44R but american coach has the best layout but someone just said recently that there going out of business soon but id like to keep it at about 200k if possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
I can't speak to those manufacturers, but I have a class A with Bunks and wanted to chime in to welcome you and to echo Thenman's comments regarding the baths.

Our original RV was a bunk model with the single bath. We recently upgraded to a newer model with the 1.5 Bath's and it has made a WORLD of difference. Similar to being at home, it seems like the little ones never need the bathroom until you are using it!

Only other helpful tidbit I can offer is that the Bunk Model Class A's can be hard to find sometimes. You might get lucky and locate the one you want nearby, but a drive will likely be in order to see the one you want.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #11

No mention at all on entegras
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
welcome to the group.... hope this helps

RV consumers love to tell-all about their RVs in the Reviews section of RVT.com. This provides RVT with invaluable data which can be a huge help to the more than 1/2 million RV shoppers who visit RVT.com each month in search of their next RV.

In a previous article, we revealed RV Brands and Models with the Highest Consumer Reviews and Rankings. In today’s article, we take a step back from the nitty gritty detail of RV Brands (and Model numbers) and we look at a bigger, broader landscape — how RV consumers rank order the RV manufacturers themselves.

RV Manufacturers Under A Consumer Microscope …

This article gives you a glimpse into RV consumer experiences, sentiments and feelings about RV manufacturers in the following key categories:

Top Overall Rankings of RV Manufacturers
Livability
Interior Design and
RV Quality
Statistics represented in the Tables below are derived from RVReviews.com where thousands of RV consumers have Reviewed the RVs they either currently own (or have owned at some time in the past.)

Here is the RV consumer’s Average Overall Rating for RV Manufacturers:

1.Monaco4.35Read Reviews about Monaco RVsShop Monaco RVs
2.Tiffin4.24Read Reviews about Tiffin RVsShop Tiffin RVs
3.Fleetwood4.19Read Reviews about Fleetwood RVsShop Fleetwood RVs
4.Holiday Rambler4.15Read Reviews about Holiday Rambler RVsShop Holiday Rambler RVs
5.Winnebago4.06Read Reviews about Winnebago RVsShop Winnebago RVs
6.Coachmen4.03Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu itemVisit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
7.Jayco3.85Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu itemVisit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
8.Forest River3.61Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu itemVisit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
9.Keystone3.58Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu itemVisit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer
10.Thor Motor Coach3.15Visit RVT.com, click the Reviews Menu itemVisit RVT.com, use Advanced Search, choose Manufacturer

Now let’s dig in a little deeper, into the different attributes of RVs. This shows us some “jockeying for position” among the RV manufacturers.

Check out the consumer-at-large’s rank ordering of RV manufacturers by: Average Livability Rating

1.Monaco
2.Tiffin
3.Holiday Rambler
4.Winnebago
5.Fleetwood
6.Coachmen
7.Keystone
8.Jayco
9.Forest River
10.Thor Motor Coach
You’ll notice Holiday Rambler and Winnebago pull ahead of Fleetwood as far as Livability go and Keystone moves ahead of Jayco. Interesting …

Now, here’s a snapshot of how consumers rate the OEMs with respect to: Interior Design:

1.Monaco
2.Tiffin
3.Fleetwood
4.Winnebago
5.Holiday Rambler
6.Jayco
7.Keystone
8.Forest River
9.Coachmen
10.Thor Motor Coach
For Average Interior Design Ratings, notice that Holiday Rambler stays below Fleetwood and drops below Winnebago but still rounds out the top 5. Jayco jumps to 6th place and Coachmen falls from 6th to 9th position as far as Interior Design is concerned.

Here is how RV manufacturers rate to consumers for: Average Quality Ratings

1.Monaco
2.Tiffin
3.Holiday Rambler
4.Fleetwood
5.Winnebago
6.Coachmen
7.Jayco
8.Keystone
9.Forest River
10.Thor Motor Coach
Monaco and Tiffin still top the list as far as Average Quality Ratings go, but consumers say … Holiday Rambler beats out Fleetwood for Quality, but Fleetwood tops Winnebago. Good to know but remember this is only a guide, only an averaging of what hundreds of RV owners have said. It’s important to do your own in person research as well. But suffice it to say, as far as Quality, the Reviews say that Forest River beats out Keystone and unmoved, Thor Motor Coach is still bringing up the final position in the Top 10 Ranked OEMs with respect to Average Quality. (Still a good position.)

NOTE: Only manufacturers with more than 80 Reviews each are included in this report.

Important:

Consumer Reviews and rankings are an extremely useful tool for RV shoppers. Keep an eye on RV Insight by RVT.com for future consumer Reviews comparisons and findings
Old 10-29-2019, 12:26 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Some nice Foretravels out there too I-45's ...
Old 10-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
No mention at all on entegras
this was done with coaches with more then 80 reviews
Old 11-04-2019, 08:15 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Regarding the ratings...Monaco, Holiday Rambler, American Coach and Fleetwood are all one company, "REV Group."
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, motorhome