Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #1

Class A PDI from General RV?

Hi guys, Have you purchased a Class A from General RV and had a PDI? I ask because Iím having trouble finding out anything about it.

I thought to expect a full throated PDI both inside and outside the Coach working each and every system and answering any questions. Then spend a couple days at a park using everything in the Coach. Then taking it back to the dealer to have anything found fixed.

Does General RV do this? Iím having trouble finding anything about it and my salesmen is less than forthcoming.
WyoFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi guys, Have you purchased a Class A from General RV and had a PDI? I ask because Iím having trouble finding out anything about it.

I thought to expect a full throated PDI both inside and outside the Coach working each and every system and answering any questions. Then spend a couple days at a park using everything in the Coach. Then taking it back to the dealer to have anything found fixed.

Does General RV do this? Iím having trouble finding anything about it and my salesmen is less than forthcoming.
I recently bought from General in Richmond VA. They did a thorough PDI and I then stayed 3 days nearby. All was good except for a few minor chassis issues I found on way home. Stopped at Freightliner and they dealt with them quickly
Old 04-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #3

Hi Winger2, so they did do a full PDI and took care of you after your 3 days nearby. Thatís great, I wonder why my salesmen didnít just say that. Iím also surprised with as large as General RV is that they doesnít advertise it? A good PDI is a BIG DEAL especially with someone buying their first RV.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Winger2, so they did do a full PDI and took care of you after your 3 days nearby. Thatís great, I wonder why my salesmen didnít just say that. Iím also surprised with as large as General RV is that they doesnít advertise it? A good PDI is a BIG DEAL especially with someone buying their first RV.
I do not know but one issue came up and they handled it promptly. On the drive home the dash ac got warm and I stopped at Freightliner and they handled it.
One thing I will say no matter where you buy. DO NOT sign the papers or give the final money UNTIL the PDI is done and any work due is FULLY completed.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:45 AM   #5

What location and when are you scheduled to take delivery? We should be receiving our Fleetwood Fortis in MAY from General RV in Jacksonville. I have read mostly good things about their PDI's but I am less than happy with their communication too. They answer emails and calls but it is always a confusing answer or they skip a direct question. All I know is that I will walk-away without a thorough PDI and everything working! I am working on a 3 page checklist! I don't want to forget anything!
Gary0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:28 AM   #6

We bought our first from General in Michigan. Of course I didn't know much what to expect, but in hindsight I think they did average PDI. They suggested we spend that night on their lot with water and electric. They answered more questions and fixed what was needed the next day.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:38 AM   #7

Good advice Winger2 and Iíll take it for sure.

Hi Gary0830, Iíll pick up my coach in Tampa (Dover) and it looks like mid May. And you hit it right on the head ďI am less than happy with their communication tooĒ. Itís like theyíre afraid to make a specific statement. Crazy!
Old 04-02-2021, 07:43 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
So over the years I've heard many buyers depending on the RV Dealership to do the PDI before pickup and some of them finding out that the dealer's idea of a PDI isn't what you might expect. So I always do my own PDI on any RV I've bought over the years especially on a Class A and I do it before I sign on the dotted line. If I find issues I have them write them down on the sales slip and what was done to fix the issue for my records. It's never beyond a dealer to "forget" what was done during a PDI. Check out everything on shore and generator power leave no stone unturned whether it's a new RV or used because you'll find coming back later and getting it fixed isn't always a quick and pleasant experience. If the Salesman isn't getting back to you then call the Sales Manager but don't accept complacency on their part, your the customer and it's probably your 2nd largest investment outside a house you'll every make.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:51 AM   #9

Thanks dmctlc, Iíve seen a number of PDIís and Iím going to select a good one and use it for my new coach purchase. And as you said, itís the most expensive purchase after the house.

Except sending my kids to college. Sent them pretty smart and they came back morons. Iím selling a couple of them!
Old 04-02-2021, 08:19 AM   #10

WyoFree,
Why are you getting rid of your Prevost?
mr.tommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #11

Hi mr.tommy, Iím keeping the Prevost and Encore is for the kids. I started looking at trailers because both kids had trucks. Then their trucks were not big enough to pull what they wanted. That led us to a C Class (Iíll save you from that story) and then the Class A gas that I ordered.

Iíve been having way too much fun with this and the kids better watch out or they could see me driving off in the Encore. A very nice coach! They DO NOT drive the Prevost!

Tags
class a