Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #337

Congrats Shapi, looking forward to the progress pics, always like following along on a project.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #338

OK. First of many more regarding he flooring and general remodel questions....does any one know the interior square footage? I can't seem to find anything on-line.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #339
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post
OK. First of many more regarding he flooring and general remodel questions....does any one know the interior square footage? I can't seem to find anything on-line.
I have never seen a specific number either.

I came up with the number in my signature by taking the square footage of the main floor (including the footwells under the dash and space under the cabinets) added the slide when extended (including space under the couch and dinette) and the garage, then added the footprint of the loft.

Because the loft uses no valuable floorspace, it is like having a RV that is 7 feet longer than it is! That's just how I see it

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #340

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Congrats Shapi, looking forward to the progress pics, always like following along on a project.
Thanks and will do! I am hoping to start demo Wednesday night, work more demo/prep Thursday night, paint walls Friday, paint cabinets Saturday, and get floors done Sunday. Maybe a bit ambitious....we'll see.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post
Thanks and will do! I am hoping to start demo Wednesday night, work more demo/prep Thursday night, paint walls Friday, paint cabinets Saturday, and get floors done Sunday. Maybe a bit ambitious....we'll see.
A few guys mentioned using Allure flooring and being very happy with it.

ADVrider - View Single Post - nwgs motorhome addiction and therapy thread

Will cross post here in case you're not registered on ADVRider...

I like the planked floors. The one ones with the fancy tile and granite in the diesels are really awesome...some too fancy to walk on with dirty boots though.

I pulled all the carpet out of ours (3 dogs!) and put down a vinyl planked floating floor. Just fantastic and very reasonable to do.

Kitchen slide...you can see the driver seat in front, slide is on left side.

I found ALLURE flooring at home depot. Very easy to work with, very durable, and not very expensive. There are wood patterns and even a couple of stone patterns. Has a nice planked look to it. I say do it!

I was fortunate because the flooring in the kitchen area was vinyl so there are two or three large rollers for the slide there. The dinette area has a nylon/plastic slider that went over the carpet. In almost every hard flooring install I've seen the carpet is left where the slide-out sits in the open position - even on a $600K coach. As long as we sweep the dirt off before closing the slide we don't have issues, otherwise it will scratch the floor. Lots of good DIY info on this project online and on the IRV2 forum.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #342

NOOB

Greetings all,

First off...thank you for all your posts, your wisdom, your insights. The education I have gained here has been invaluable.

I have lurked for approximately 4 yrs. I am retiring from military service soon and my heart is set on full time rv-ing. Based upon what I have learned from various forums and visiting with rv-ers who stay at Fam Camp on base, I am convinced that what I need is a Class A toy hauler (2 dogs, 2 cats, want to have an independent vehicle).

I enjoy all seasons and crave seeing new places, meeting new people and having new experiences. Right now I live in Florida and what's really sad is that I have two pairs of downhill ski's or two pairs of ski boots that need to see some snow. Having moved so often (9 times in 20 yrs), I get the "itch" to go. I've been here 4 yrs so I'm pretty "itchy".

I plan to purchase a toy hauler and travel with a Smart Car. I can see the plusses and minuses with both the TMC and CS products but am leaning toward the Thor 37ls.

I would like my first rv purchase to be a long term investment and the only concern I have with the 37ls is with the loft bedroom. If anyone who uses the loft as their primary bedroom is willing to share their age and experience with this particular floorplan, I would greatly appreciate. I am 49, in excellent health/physical condition now and at very low risk for major disease (based upon genetic profiling) but want to plan for 20+ yrs down the road.

Any candid feedback would be appreciated.

Dawn
idocdlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #343
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Wow!! Lurking for 4 years and just joined?
Well, welcome! You came to the right place on the internet for all things RV!

About the Outlaw's Loft...we love our loft!!
SO MUCH is made about the loft, but that is the biggest "non-issue" there is on this Thread, IMHO. For those who believe they must sit-up in bed, they can get one of the 2 Canyon Stars or the Outlaw 37MD (and get a loft too)...that's 3 out of 4 that have a bedroom.

But, in the Outlaw 37LS and Legacy 3611, the loft is as big as a king sized bed. We added a CalKing sized mattress to use every inch of the space. I am no spring chicken at 52 and have no problem climbing the 4 small steps and rolling into the massive bed.

For specifics, I am 6' tall and can easily walk around the entire loft on my hands and knees, and can sit-up on a stack of pillows to watch the dedicated loft TV

The Mrs. likes the loft too, better than the regular bed in our last travel trailer, because it is quiet, private, and always set-up as a single purpose space.

Like I said just a few posts back...having the loft is like having a RV that is 7 feet longer than it is, because the big 'ol loft bed doesn't use any of your valuable floorspace.

To the OP, Thank you for your service to our Country and best luck!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 07-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #344

Thank you Steve (and thanks for your service as well). Good to know a king bed fits up there (yay!!)...I thought it would but wasn't sure...now I know! As the fur-babies all like to sleep real close, the bigger the bed the better.
idocdlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #345
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by idocdlw View Post
Thank you Steve (and thanks for your service as well). Good to know a king bed fits up there (yay!!)...I thought it would but wasn't sure...now I know! As the fur-babies all like to sleep real close, the bigger the bed the better.
To maybe get more replies or just to say Hey! to other Outlaw owners, you might want to visit:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...aw-102560.html

Best Luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 07-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #346

Quote:
I would like my first rv purchase to be a long term investment and the only concern I have with the 37ls is with the loft bedroom. If anyone who uses the loft as their primary bedroom is willing to share their age and experience with this particular floorplan, I would greatly appreciate. I am 49, in excellent health/physical condition now and at very low risk for major disease (based upon genetic profiling) but want to plan for 20+ yrs down the road. Any candid feedback would be appreciated. Dawn
I find the loft bed in the 37LS to be very comfortable. My husband and I are not much younger than you and have no problems getting in and out now nor do I foresee a problem years down the road. My mom and step-dad have borrowed our 37LS and they do well in the loft bed; mom especially finds it relaxing up there. They are 67 and 70...granted my step-dad is an extremely active 70; they have the Outlaw this week at a tennis tournament he is in.

The one thing we have found to be a benefit in the loft is I added two foam wedge bolsters to the head of the bed. They allow us to sit up somewhat (not completely) and be able to read or be on our iPads in comfort. Propping up pillows just wasn't cutting it and I was worried we were going to damage the blinds. Here is a link to some similar to what I bought. http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat...1/product.html
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #347

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Greetings all,

First off...thank you for all your posts, your wisdom, your insights. The education I have gained here has been invaluable.

I have lurked for approximately 4 yrs. I am retiring from military service soon and my heart is set on full time rv-ing. Based upon what I have learned from various forums and visiting with rv-ers who stay at Fam Camp on base, I am convinced that what I need is a Class A toy hauler (2 dogs, 2 cats, want to have an independent vehicle).

I enjoy all seasons and crave seeing new places, meeting new people and having new experiences. Right now I live in Florida and what's really sad is that I have two pairs of downhill ski's or two pairs of ski boots that need to see some snow. Having moved so often (9 times in 20 yrs), I get the "itch" to go. I've been here 4 yrs so I'm pretty "itchy".

I plan to purchase a toy hauler and travel with a Smart Car. I can see the plusses and minuses with both the TMC and CS products but am leaning toward the Thor 37ls.

I would like my first rv purchase to be a long term investment and the only concern I have with the 37ls is with the loft bedroom. If anyone who uses the loft as their primary bedroom is willing to share their age and experience with this particular floorplan, I would greatly appreciate. I am 49, in excellent health/physical condition now and at very low risk for major disease (based upon genetic profiling) but want to plan for 20+ yrs down the road.

Any candid feedback would be appreciated.

Dawn
Thanks for your Service.

I'll throw my 2 cents along with the others. I'm a full timer so I'm really familiar with climbing those steps. The loft is fine and age doesn't much matter. I'm (eek) 60+, 6'1" and about 185, and like Steve I can move around just fine up there with no issue. I wish I thought of the wedge's tho...have to check that one as it's a great sounding idea.

As for the smart car, since you've been lurking around you probably already know about Vi and her smart car experience. Reach out to her thru PM she's the SME on those and the Outlaw.

Good luck with your retirement.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #348

We bought the Outlaw specifically for the loft. With 2 kids, a dog and dirt bikes we wanted to be able to be able to sleep in the same area, and keep the kids out of the fumes and general smell in the garage. So, the loft is for the DW and me, the boy gets the couch and the girl gets the dinette until she is too big...then we will have a dilemma. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #349

Damon Owners Club
Something new to me.

I simply haven't seen this one before. Interesting. It appears from the photos of the garage that there may be an access to the roof using the ladder leaning against the wall.

2008 Four Winds Hurricane Outlaw 34y 2 Slide Garage, San Antonio TX - 112004955 - RVTrader.com

Old 07-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #350
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I concur with Dan. I haven't seen one in person, but here's the photo - looks have a ladder that leads to be a roof hatch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	67292

The ladder also seems to have a swivel mount at the base and hook for the top, to maybe hold it to the wall when lifted up out of the way.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV